Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe

Post by SJG » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:50 pm

I was looking at this on the Facebook page where you also posted. I think I might get one of these too.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by tonewheeldude » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:39 pm

It seems good buy - certainly did me a very good turn and I really prefer to use OEM parts whenever possible. Facebook is ok for social stuff, but far too transitory. For anything that other 800 owners might find usefull now or in the future 800.info is definately the best place to put things.
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:19 pm

Couldn't find a listing on Rimmers for mine but yours definitely comes up as suitable for all 2.0 and 2.5D models.

Mine appears to be NLA from all sources so looks like it's the 10mm microbore copper pipe for me! :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

tonewheeldude
Regular Visitor

Post by tonewheeldude » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:10 pm

I think the 827 has a different cooler (with fins a bit like the gearbox cooler on my car)
Rover 825 Sterling Diesel Coupe (1999)

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:58 pm

You're not far wrong Darren! If i make one from copper pipe i'll get some copper sheet and make some fins and solder them on. I suppose i could use copper washers but finding them big enough at a sensible price is proving difficult! If it comes to it i'll get a roll of copper shim, fold it concertina-style a bit wider than the pitch of the copper pipes, clamp it between two sheets of wood and drill through for both pipes, slide it on, solder the first end then unfold it a bit on each segment so it resembles a sinusoidal waverform from the side and solder each bit in place then use rubber-lined P-clips to mount it.

Alternatively i'll squash some pipe, drill one end for the mounting bolt and solder the squashed pipe to the coolant pipe.

Got plenty of ideas anyway! Also got to sort the ATF cooler on my Coupé as i discovered while replacing the metal coolant pipe that runs from one side to the other in front of the cross member.

Where there's a will............................ there's a greedy solicitor! :wink: :lol: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

FlashGordon
Regular Visitor
Location: Galliae Cisalpinae, oram fluminis septentrionalem Rubiconem.

Post by FlashGordon » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:16 pm

tonewheeldude wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:20 pm
scoobyh123 wrote:Slave cylinder repair kit on fleabay :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reparatursatz ... 5424d4e01b

For reference the OE part number is CDU2331EVA and the listing has a few more OE numbers as it turns out to be the same seal kit used in some Marinas, Saabs and Allegros. They also list a new cylinder for about £35 + P&P but they list it for many other 800s including petrol and the 820/620 turbo. The turbo versions may be another possibility but as i expect you've found, the diesel uses a unique slave cylinder.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kupplungsnehm ... 5d5d7c923c

I started out by looking for Jeep Cherokee 2.5TD and Alfa 156 TD slave cylinders as both of them use the same VM engine. However not much seemed to correlate.

Not sure if any of that is any help or whether you've already been down that route of looking for alternative vehicles.
Hi Dave - thanks, although these are slave cylinders and seal kits for a standard petrol 800 - the slave cylinder is completely different on the diesel:

and the seal (17mm) is the wrong size for my car which is 19mm.
mercedade wrote:That's a great result - congratulations! Must have been a massive relief too.
Absolutely! As much as getting to know new folk is great - I was not relishing the idea of spending most of the day in a truck with a recovery chap, plus it made it easier getting my wifes family home too.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hydraul ... eLevelAB=5

Ush Rubber Oil Seal Ring 11,2mm x 19,2mm x 5mm fit perfect on diesel slave cylinder, just 1,70 euro and shipping free
Flash