820vitesse topic

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
820Vitesse
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 1994 BRG Vitesse Fastback

Post by 820Vitesse » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:30 pm

This is my pride and joy (and time and money pit) a Mk2 BRG Fastback Vitesse 180hp model.
I worked in a Rover dealership when these were released new and always liked them, the way they drive, the body styles and shapes. Along with all the T16 turbo variants at that time I felt it was a big leap forward for Rover and their range, they were producing some of the best cars in class, I still cant believe Rover and all the industry associated with it have been allowed to fold.
I left Rover as the dealership changed brand and for a few years worked with other brands till I decided to get my first big Rover and found this one, first registered to Barclays bank in 1994, I bought the car in 2001 with 87,500 miles on the clock. Really nice condition with all the gadgets working that is how it stayed for a couple of years.
This is the car completely standard soon after I took ownership.

I liked it so much I wanted to improve it a little, Initially it was just Spax lowering springs, a Mongoose stainless exhaust system and decat with a bit more boost.

Then I fitted Sport 17” 6 spokes, an NX nitrous kit and a T28 turbo that soon finished off the clutch and eventually blew a hole through a piston.

So a set of forged replica pistons were ordered from the USA, no forged pistons were available back then so they were one-offs, the engine was rebuilt with a ported cylinder head and a large front intercooler fitted, the boost was raised and a paddle clutch fitted. Still using the MEMS ECU the inevitable happened and melted another piston.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: 820vitesse topic

Post by scoobyh123 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:36 am

Nice work there Jim! Looking forward to some more recent updates! :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

torque2me
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 820vitesse topic

Post by torque2me » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:19 am

There is no doubt that the Fastback shape will be a 90's classic. Both power and beauty and not young enough to have all the electric engine management rubbish. Pity spares availability is making them more difficult to maintain.

Kev