my 500hp+ vitesse

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
turbotazame
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

my 500hp+ vitesse

Post by turbotazame » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:57 pm

The spec of my vitesse is as follows I haven't listed everything-
2.1 86mm bore forged t16 je pistons
H beam con rods
Balanced -should be capable of 800hp+
Comp cams hi rev cam set
Ported and polished head with duel valve springs
Gt28r turbo
turbosmart ebost 2 boost control
Turbosmart duel port bov
Massive intercooler from a iveco truck iv cut and welded to fit
Rad is race spec for a defender 300tdi
10mm silicone ht leads
Msd blaster coil
Perfect power ecu
Aem water injection
2x 75hp kits of nitrous ran of a progressive dynotune control
And loads more.......

turbotazame
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: my 500hp+ vitesse

Post by turbotazame » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:27 pm

turbotazame

Post by turbotazame » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:27 pm

couple pics above

mercedade
Rover Guru

Post by mercedade » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:51 am

Bit of a beast then...

Very nice looking installs there, really good to see a different take on the 800.
Adrian
1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (white gold)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 820 Vitesse Hatchback (green)
Gone...1992 Rover Mk1 827 SLi Manual (green)
Gone...1998 Rover Mk2 825 Diesel (green)

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:00 pm

:shock: :shock: Bet that's a bit of a handful, whats the torque steer like?

Any mods to brakes and suspension, must take a bit of stopping with all that poke.

Keep up the good work 8)

Shaun
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

turbotazame

Post by turbotazame » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:10 pm

Torque steers not too bad as long as you have big arms! Its gor Polly bushes all round and the turbosmart boost control is quite clever itll bring the turbo in slowly to counter act the torque steer affect one if the main reasons I want to 4wd sometime in the future, suspension is koni adjustables all round, brakes are alloy 4 pot calipers on the front from my old 300zx a lot more affective on this as its a lot lighter the next project 'headache' will be 280mm vented rear discs with transit rear calipers should be quite affective!

xpuffin
Regular Visitor

Post by xpuffin » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:17 pm

That's a very impressive setup.
Who did your mapping?
I'm assuming it's an aftermarket ecu, if so why did you not incorporate turbo boost, nos and water injection control into the controller.
Have you got any hardwired data-logging systems installed.
10 Rover 800's now and counting.
2x Mk1 827 Vitesse Fastbacks
3x 825 Coupe
Mk1 827 Sterling Saloon
825 Sterling Saloon
825 Sterling Fastback
820 Vitesse Coupe
820 O Series Mk1 Fastback.

turbotazame

Post by turbotazame » Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:49 am

Nope, standard ecu so I dont have any problems with the running of the car and imobileizers with a ,perfect power, piggyback controling fueling and ignishion
with a built in data logger mapping is automatically adjusted by the piggyback through a base program by how much boost im putting through it Iv work with standalone ecu systems such as emu, as good as thay are the boost control and n2o setups and maps are basically on or off with the independent control its far more accurate for my setup - for instance im boosting at 13psi at the minute but the boost controller will start opening the waste gate at 4psi and roughly 2000rpm so I dont have a massive surge of toque steer, Its not running with water injection as I dont see the point of it if your n2o system is set up correctly

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:23 pm

13psi is pretty low for the output. Are most of your gains coming from the Nox?
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

turbotazame

Post by turbotazame » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:47 pm

13psi is just my every day boost pressure on a long run i have ran it at 6psi so i dont do 7-8 mpg when its running on high boost of 27psi when its running at that it has 388.8hp at the wheels and with one n20 kit going almost 500hp