Dutch 1995 820 Si

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

cowleyxx
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Dutch 1995 820 Si

Post by cowleyxx » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:59 pm

Just out of curiosity will a grey 98 steering wheel fit my 93 sterling which has a cream (tired) one?
Glyn

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Dutch 1995 820 Si

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:30 pm

cowleyxx wrote:Just out of curiosity will a grey 98 steering wheel fit my 93 sterling which has a cream (tired) one?
Yes but why put a black airbag steering wheel on a car that's meant to have a Stone Beige leather non-airbag steering wheel? I reckon you'd be better off having a look at this first :

https://www.liquidleather.com/

They do all sorts of lotions & potions to revive leather and can even colour match some new dye to revive the colour in it. You can also buy it in sufficient quantities to revive the seats etc as well. Also the late black airbag steering wheel looks wrong in an early car :

Before :

After :

See what i mean?

Also consider the fact that next time you present the car for MoT, the tester will see an airbag steering wheel and fail it because the airbag system warning light (SRS) doesn't work correctly. Remove the airbag steering wheel and even with a passenger airbag in the dash you can argue a later dash has been fitted to get rid of dash lift. Also that a passenger airbag was optional but some cars had filler panels to look like airbags :wink: :wink: You can even argue later glass has been fitted if it has airbag etchings on the glass - on a 25 year old car new doors could have been fitted because they rotted out and they have "SRS" on the windows or the glass was broken in the doors or any point you like.

Personally i hate driving around with a bomb in front of my face so i have removed the airbag from my Coupé and will be removing the passenger bomb/airbag ASAP and replacing it with a shelf, extra instruments etc. :wink: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable