Just got a rover 211 (bubble)

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mark Rover
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Just got a rover 211 (bubble)

Post by Mark Rover » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi all, I just got a rover 211 and aim to get insured on it in the next few weeks. But before I get on the road I need to sort a few thinges out. I need 4 good tyres with alloys preferably ( They don't need to be in good condition ). I would also like a radio with either a 3.5mm jack input or Bluetooth connection to connect my phone to. I don't know much about radios so I was hoping some of you guys would be able to help me out.

austinpowers
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Just got a rover 211 (bubble)

Post by austinpowers » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:53 pm

I use a good quality tape adapter to 3.5mm jack in my old kenwood stereo.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GRIFFIN-U ... xydlFS1pjI

Don't cheap out on them as the sound quality is awful otherwise.

That is if you have a stereo, if not then a branded bluetooth car stereo will work, ~£50, you'll probably need an iso cable adapter so you can plug it directly into your wiring loom and into the stereo, i don't know anything about the 211 so someone else may be along to help who does.
1989 Rover Sterling in Atlantic blue 35k miles. - Sold
2017 "special" edition in white
1990 Rover Vitesse manual - Sold
1990 Rover Sterling - Sold

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:24 am

For 200/25 stuff, I'd recommend a visit to rovertech.net

That forum is more focused on tunng, but there is a wealth of knowledge for the bubble Rover as the members on there keep on finding ways of cramming bigger engines in.

Also there are normally people selling "standard" parts like wheels after they have been removed for bigger and flashier items.

I don't know too much about the smaller cars, but I think there is some interchangeability between the R3 (bubble) and R8 (earlier 200/400) models.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:19 pm

Ebay will also be your friend on wheels and tyres. I know MG-Rover shoehorned the KV6 into the MG ZS (400/45) but not sure if they managed to do it on the 200/25/ZR so as Tom says there should be plenty of spares around from owners buying a low spec/small engine model and retro-fitting larger engines, tyres/wheels etc.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:43 pm

R3's are a doddle to work on and far superior to any Clio, Corsa, Fiesta ect. Any weird electrical gremlins are almost always down to the wiring from body to tailgate as it snaps and shorts.

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate