pictures '87 sterling

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

projectxx
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by projectxx » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:05 pm

The Professor wrote:Looks like your trip to the Isle of Wight was well worth the effort.
Very smart.
Are they the original overmats in the rear i spy? :)
the car has the original shag pile rugs with the exception of the 'drivers',i'm guessing it got too dirty after all the years.
thanks for all the comments, it's great so many people like the car,i can perfectly understand other members having their own preferences,it would be a dull world if we all liked the same stuff! :D

Stephen G
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Stephen G » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:19 pm

Where abouts are you? Profile Says Central Scotland?

Im in Stonehouse Lanarkshire
Stephen Golder

Current
2003 03 MG ZS 180 Saloon
2004 04 MG ZT-T 190
2004 54 MG ZS 115+ Saloon

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:45 am

projectxx wrote:i can perfectly understand other members having their own preferences,it would be a dull world if we all liked the same stuff! :D
Indeed, most of them are used to me by now. :lol:
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

The Professor
Rover Guru

Post by The Professor » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:00 pm

projectxx wrote:
the car has the original shag pile rugs with the exception of the 'drivers',i'm guessing it got too dirty after all the years.! :D
I have often wondered what the oringinal overmats looked like. I knew they were standard fitment but like some many other cars mine had long gone when i purchased my car.
Any change of a better picture of what they look like?
I know it sounds sad :o
Is this what its come to? :lol: I really should get out more. It would satisfy a curiosity though.
Glyn
Image Image

projectxx
Regular Visitor

Post by projectxx » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:39 pm

The Professor wrote:
projectxx wrote:
the car has the original shag pile rugs with the exception of the 'drivers',i'm guessing it got too dirty after all the years.! :D
I have often wondered what the oringinal overmats looked like. I knew they were standard fitment but like some many other cars mine had long gone when i purchased my car.
Any change of a better picture of what they look like?
I know it sounds sad :o
Is this what its come to? :lol: I really should get out more. It would satisfy a curiosity though.
as requested pictures of mats [will delete these later] looks a bit funny in the gallery :lol:
http://www.rover800.info/forum/garage.p ... cle&CID=68

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:11 pm

There were only ever a set of 3 deep pile floor mats, never a set of four due to safety reasons. Though other thinner floor mats were available and came as a set of four. I have 2 sets of deep pile both as a set of 3.

Professor - There are at the moment quit a few original Rover 800 Floor mats available on e-bay at the moment, not Deep Pile though, but if you keepo your eyes peeled, and maybe send a few e-mails to anyone breaking a Rover 800 you might be surprised.

Also, the 800 Floor Mats come in lots of different varieties/colours the one you need needs to have a small cut around the petrol tank flap/boot release, these are also available on ebay at the moment.

Sheikh Sterling
Connoisseur and collector of Floor Mats :oops:

The Professor
Rover Guru

Post by The Professor » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:01 pm

Thanks for those pictures. Im vey impressed and it is good to have finally had sight of them.
I also found Lord Sterlings comments about them only been made x 3 interesting.
My interior is Prussion blue and so to find some original thick pile overmats i think i would have to be very lucky.
I have some nice blue overmats which do the job nicely.
Glyn
Image Image

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:11 pm

The Professor wrote:...I have some nice blue overmats which do the job nicely...
Are they Original Rover ones cut for the interior? As there are many Blue mats from the later Mk2's

I've never actually seen any Blue deep pile mats, but they must exist as they have them in Grey and Cream, so they must do them in Blue.

Professor - If I come across any Deep Pile over mats in Blue, they're yours.

Sheikh Sterling

metelmickey
Rover Guru

Post by metelmickey » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:34 pm

i've got a set of 3 for my coupe in cream don't use them as my car is grey, better deep carpet than my living room :shock:
MIKE

just got a 827 mk2 coupe and loving it, more commanly known as mad mick ( used to run a nitros injected firebird ) still missing my rover, now got a BMW 735 1999. now got 2003 760l, a 6.0ltr V12 and 445bhp. :evil:

The Professor
Rover Guru

Post by The Professor » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:42 pm

Lord Sterling wrote:
The Professor wrote:...I have some nice blue overmats which do the job nicely...
Are they Original Rover ones cut for the interior? As there are many Blue mats from the later Mk2's

I've never actually seen any Blue deep pile mats, but they must exist as they have them in Grey and Cream, so they must do them in Blue.

Professor - If I come across any Deep Pile over mats in Blue, they're yours.

Sheikh Sterling

They are not original Rover fitment.
I bought them when i got the car and saw them at a local market and thought they will do nicely. It may sound cheap and nasty bought at a market but they are not and they are quite a good match (not perfect but not far off) and were of a good quality otherwise i wouldn't have bought them.
You are a kind and generous man by the way.
Glyn
Image Image

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:45 pm

metelmickey wrote:...i've got a set of 3 for my coupe in cream don't use them as my car is grey, better deep carpet than my living room :shock:...
Micky, You wouldn't be happning to sell them by any chance would ya? I wouldnt mind a set for my cream interiored Mk1 even though I'm not fond of the car itself at the moment, might aswell make a start somewhere.....

Let me know if your selling...
The Professor wrote:...They are not original Rover fitment.
I bought them when i got the car and saw them at a local market and thought they will do nicely. It may sound cheap and nasty bought at a market but they are not and they are quite a good match (not perfect but not far off) and were of a good quality otherwise i wouldn't have bought them.
You are a kind and generous man by the way...
Cheers! In that case, if I come across any Blue Rover mats, then they're yours, believe me, it makes your interior look a little more classy.

Sheikh Sterling

metelmickey
Rover Guru

Post by metelmickey » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:52 pm

notised your inquery, checked the garage and the mats are what you would call not in good condition ( the roof leaked and had to scrape them off the floor :oops: ) ,so not worth sending sorry, :oops:
MIKE

just got a 827 mk2 coupe and loving it, more commanly known as mad mick ( used to run a nitros injected firebird ) still missing my rover, now got a BMW 735 1999. now got 2003 760l, a 6.0ltr V12 and 445bhp. :evil: