K Reg 827 SLi manual Fastback

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

malcolm_durant
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by malcolm_durant » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:02 am

What have you done with that stereo?

Is that a flip down cover of some des cription? Looks quite swanky!

Malcolm
Range Rover 4.6 HSE

Rover Vitesse Fastback - RIP
Rover Vitesse Sport - RIP
Rover 827 Vitesse - RIP
Rover 216 Vitesse - RIP

Gludenscrude
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Gludenscrude » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Yes in due course the later darker wood will appear :)
Martin

Rover 827SLi Manual Fastback "K"
Rover 827 Sterling Automatic Fastback "M"
Rover 827 Vitesse Automatic "H"
Toyota Celica Cabriolet "J"

Gludenscrude
Regular Visitor

Post by Gludenscrude » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi Malcolm, yes when you want the radio powered up you can press a hidden button and the bit you can see flips over to show the radio front.

The idea is when it is shut it just looks like a radio blanking plate
Martin

Gludenscrude
Regular Visitor

Post by Gludenscrude » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:53 pm

Today, I completely gave up on the tailgate as K did a bit of a Christine on me and refused to open the tailgate until it was too late for me to do anything with it.

So today I fixed the rust on the drivers side rear wheel arch and resprayed the rear quarter panel, not a perfect finish I must admit but it only has to last a month or so, I have decided that I am going to do some bodging just to tidy the car up over the next few weeks.

I also repaired a little rust on drivers door but will replace whole door in due course, and also resprayed drivers side door handle as that was nightfire red but the wrong shade! fancy having three different versions of the same colour.

K is the middle of the three so I end up if I am not careful with bits that are too light, or too dark!

Reasons to make do

Reason one

We are having some building work and a new kitchen fitted over the next 4 to 8 weeks, therefore I cant spend as much time as I would like playing as the mrs calls it :)

Reason two

My mate who has cutting gear for the wheel arches and tailgate of the doner cant get over for a month because of his shift pattern not coinsiding with when I am not at work.

So over the next week or so there will be generally making good with the idea of a big strip down in a few months firmly in place.

Only trouble is with the building work a skip will be needed so I may have to grovel to a neighbor as I have a two car drive and three cars (Celica parked on front lawn :) ) at the moment, and now I need to find home for a car so I can get room for the skip.
Martin

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:32 am

Sounds like you've been busy.

Probably not a good idea to go after that coupe just at the minute then? :lol:
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Gludenscrude
Regular Visitor

Post by Gludenscrude » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:29 pm

I Know my mrs would have thought I was completely mad, but when you get that car buying urge it is impossible to scratch it until some money changes hands and you are driving something different.

Typical bad timing on my part, well we are having a new Kitchen :) surely we deserve a present too :) though common sense says after the kitchen is finished.
Martin

Gludenscrude
Regular Visitor

Post by Gludenscrude » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:46 pm

Today I snuck out and changed the wood on the centre console

From This

To This

I then made a start on changing the rear speakers but I am jinxed with anything from the rear doors back lately, so see a thread in the interior section for how i got on with that :)
Martin

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:05 pm

Huge improvement.

Some of the post 96 trim really changes the look of the cars.
Chris

Gludenscrude
Regular Visitor

Post by Gludenscrude » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:26 pm

I agree that it is a massive improvement though now I have to find matching bits for the passenger front (non airbag) and the bits either side of the fascia, anyone out there got good dark ones? I will post in wants section

The posting for the speaker problem was posted in the electrical rather than interior thread as I decided it was more appropriate :)
Martin

Kyle
Rover Guru

Post by Kyle » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:47 pm

I actually liked the cream gear knob you had on it before :)

I bet nobody agrees with me :lol:
2000 Audi TT 1.8T 225 Quattro Silver.
1996 Rover Vitesse Coupe - the new towcar

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:48 pm

One to match on the shelf will be tricky as all post 96 cars had a passenger airbag.

Hit and miss with the dash ones.

Which layout for the switches do you have?

The wood around the controls is not the same in all cars.
Chris

Gludenscrude
Regular Visitor

Post by Gludenscrude » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:51 pm

I must admit that I quite liked the cream gear knob myself, it was a standard black knob that I had coloured with some scuff repair dye I had floating about.

Unfortunately my mrs wanted it darker so I tried some dark brown polish on it (all I had, and I knew that it wouldn't be on long if she didn't like it) and it turned pink :!:

I couldn't drive around like that for long, it wasn't a pleasant shade either :!:

The complete cream setup, was definitely different, and I could live with it cream, but not pink :) :)
Martin

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:19 pm

Gludenscrude wrote:Today I snuck out and changed the wood on the centre console

From This

To This

I then made a start on changing the rear speakers but I am jinxed with anything from the rear doors back lately, so see a thread in the interior section for how i got on with that :)
I really like what you have done here, it's really freshened up that particular area of the interior, it's strange how something so small can make a huge difference to the ambience of the car.
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

Gludenscrude
Regular Visitor

Post by Gludenscrude » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:43 pm

Today I carried on sorting out the stereo

I emptied the boot of the donor to get at what I thought would be matching trim peice with single 5 in speaker, but no, completely different moulding, and as it was grey I gave up on that.

I then figured out ways to fix new 5inch speakers front and rear, then put a CD changer in the boot and finally fitted the Stereo itself.

Needless to say, since painting the stereo I have changed all the wood :( so I will have to have another go.

Anyway here is the stereo in action

This Morning

Et Viola :)
Martin

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:46 pm

That looks good I have to say.
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia