Wolfie's Fastback

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Re: Wolfie's Fastback

Post by schuwolf » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:44 pm

Another MOT has come and gone.
19 months after the new cat was fitted I was told I needed another. Despite a bottle of fuel additive and Italian tune up on the two previous days (by me), the MOT station could not get the emissions to pass. They said the cat was to blame as I have done less than 2000 since the last MOT. After fitting a new larger & better quality one the emissions passed, with the print out showing a marked improvement. A list of advisory notes only includes two items of any concern, namely outer cv gaiters perished and slight play in o/s steering joint.
On the other hand, there was numerous comments about how well the car looks, even under the bonnet, and how well kept it is, from the fitters and from other customers. However, I was urged to use it more lol
Total cost, MOT, service & new cat, was £413 but I will be going back to show them the dirty oil mark on the driver's door card velour, glove box, door cill and over mat!
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:46 pm

That was nice of them.

Moving the mark on the door card might be fun.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Tell me Chris :x
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable