Brad's 1999T Sterling KV6 Saloon

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Brad's 1999T Sterling KV6 Saloon

Post by Very Tall Brad » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:29 pm

Work done recently on this 'new' car:

Cambelts
Head gaskets
Tyres
16" Prestige alloy wheels
Indicators
Boot badges
Full service
Floor mats

Last edited by Very Tall Brad on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer an 800 owner!

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Very Tall Brad » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Jobs still to do:

New satin black vanes on the new grille
Re hang bumpers properly as side brackets are broken/swollen/rotted
Rustproof sills and arches
Fit a radio that works as radio code lost
New Number Plates
Last edited by Very Tall Brad on Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No longer an 800 owner!

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:52 pm

Looking good Brad.

But then all yours end up that way.

Hows it going with the Black Coupe', she on the road yet?.

Mal.

TDHFastback

nice

Post by TDHFastback » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:07 pm

Very nice Brad. Same colour as my 825si I had a couple of years ago.

Did you know Halfords do chrome exhaust end caps to finish off the exhaust pipes? They are only £9.99 (think they are 54mm or some thing like that) and just slide over the rusty mild steel thingises and have a securing bolt at the back.

Kate :D

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Cracking looking car Brad. Saw it in the metal before its engine detonated. I really rate these cars. Best interiors in all.

Lord Sterling

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Re: nice

Post by Very Tall Brad » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:27 pm

TDHFastback wrote:Very nice Brad. Same colour as my 825si I had a couple of years ago.

Did you know Halfords do chrome exhaust end caps to finish off the exhaust pipes? They are only £9.99 (think they are 54mm or some thing like that) and just slide over the rusty mild steel thingises and have a securing bolt at the back.

Kate :D
Thanks.

And I shall check out the chrome end trims. I last bought those for my Marina TC a long time ago!
No longer an 800 owner!

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:30 pm

MG Mal wrote:Looking good Brad.

But then all yours end up that way.

Hows it going with the Black Coupe', she on the road yet?.

Mal.
Thanks, Mal

The black car is well under way.

I need to get rid of a really bad smell though. I think it might be rotting soundproofing under the carpets.

I have a headlining and sun visors ready to go in and all the paintwork has been done.

There are refurb'd wheels going on - I need to collect these asap.

Then it's an MoT and see what happens next.
No longer an 800 owner!

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:03 pm

Thats wierd.

Glad to hear its going well.

Wonder if something else is in the wing void that did'nt run so quick?

Being permanently full of cold now that Royce is at play school, I could'nt smell a thing.

mal.

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:03 pm

That looks splendid Brad.

Very unusual to see a Silver car without a grey interior. I like that lots - well done!
One or two 800s...

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Yes, it is a bit of an unusual combination. Glad you like it.

I had a look underneath today and discovered it's had a recent new fuel tank and fuel lines. This car is starting to look more like a keeper every day.
No longer an 800 owner!

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:31 pm

I'd hope after all that money you were thinking of keeping it. :lol:
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:27 am

Alex 'Wedge' wrote:Very unusual to see a Silver car without a grey interior. I like that lots - well done!
I had this Zircon 820 with cream cloth seats and blue carpet:

Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

zcar
Rover Guru

Post by zcar » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:08 pm

Brad,
By "boot badges" do you mean you took the old one off and fitted a new Sterling? If so how hard are the badges to remove?
Nick

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:07 pm

zcar wrote:Brad,
By "boot badges" do you mean you took the old one off and fitted a new Sterling? If so how hard are the badges to remove?
Nick
Luckily, this one had no S t e r l i n g badge fitted.

To remove one is easy, just takes time. After flicking off the badge, the gummed backing will remain. I just use hand towels soaked in neat petrol.

Wear gloves.

Don't smoke.
No longer an 800 owner!

Flinty
Regular Visitor

Post by Flinty » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:29 pm

and what do you use to stick them again??