My 820 Tickford Turbo

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Foxy
Regular Visitor
Location: Probably under the bonnet of a Tickford, somewhere in Hants. :P

My 820 Tickford Turbo

Post by Foxy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:45 pm

Thought I'd post a few pics of my current 800!

This is the second Tickford I've had, and definitely the best. It's in very good condition for the age of the car, mostly due to the original owner storing it in a dry garage under blankets, wheeling it out a couple of times a year to drive to Cornwall on holiday! There was only one spot of rust on the entire car, which is a 1cm long spot on the inside of the sunroof, which I've now removed and treated. It drives pretty much perfectly, and had rather a lot of engine work done purely on a preventative basis rather than because it needed doing. :)

Still got a couple of little niggles to sort out (slightly random idle, couple of bits of paint, ABS is a bit hypersensitive), but overall it's the nicest driving 800 I've had so far out of, um, well, more than a few, be they M-series, T-series or Honda C27. ;)

It now has the correct black grille fitted rather than the chrome Sterling one, no longer has a towbar, and clear side repeaters fitted, but that's all that's changed since these pics were taken a couple of months ago.

Only engine mods so far are a K&N panel filter and boost set to 12psi with a manual controller while I make sure everything is running sweetly, then probably about 16psi once I get round to decatting it and replacing the exhaust with a nice (subtle!) stainless item. :)

Slamm
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Slamm » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:55 pm

You really should buy the Nightfire Tickford fastback on E-bay, what a nice big pair :P
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

47p2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by 47p2 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:13 pm

That looks very smart indeed :D
JT

...........Image

Foxy
Regular Visitor
Location: Probably under the bonnet of a Tickford, somewhere in Hants. :P

Post by Foxy » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:39 pm

Slamm wrote:You really should buy the Nightfire Tickford fastback on E-bay, what a nice big pair :P
If I had the spare cash and a spare parking space, I'd be on it like a shot. :D

deano
Rover Guru

Re: My 820 Tickford Turbo

Post by deano » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:34 pm

Is this car still up and running ???
1993 Rover 827 SLI Fastback Mk2
1999 Rover 825 Sterling Saloon Mk2 (HGF)
------------------
Previously
1996 Rover 825 Sterling Coupe Mk2
1993 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk2
1990 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk1
1972 Rover P6 2000TC

Chappie1579

Post by Chappie1579 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:48 pm

I own this car I have 2 of them

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:54 pm

I've still got mine too although she has an overheating problem at the moment. She's not using much, if any serious amount of water and she gets lumpy when she's up to temp. I have new cts and temp gauge sensors and a radiator to fit as operating the heater seems to assist with cooling. I'm also going to check the thermostat although that was replaced and operating correctly for a couple of years before she stood for a while.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

n1tr0_9
Regular Visitor

Post by n1tr0_9 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:37 am

Chappie1579 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:48 pm
I own this car I have 2 of them
Lets see some photos! Are they both runners?