Richard C - 1989 827 Si

Please post pictures, specifications and worklogs of your cars in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Richard C
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Richard C - 1989 827 Si

Post by Richard C » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:19 am

Further details to follow.
Last edited by Richard C on Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:28 am

Much more arty (and less dirty) than my pics.

That first one looks like it's staring at you!
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Richard C
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Richard C » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:43 am

A few more random photo's of the car.
Richard

@Rich_Clements

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:30 pm

In the previous episode:

Last weekend I changed the oil, oil filter, air filter sorted the flickering headlights, and the disco dash lights.

today i did a few more small jobs, I have given the old girl new spark plugs new HT leads (nearly new from ebay but the genuine article) and replaced the wiper blades, it's like a different car now I pulled up to some traffic lights and had to give the throttle a jab to check the engine was running it was that smooth
Richard

@Rich_Clements

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:23 pm

I spent all afternoon, giving the girl a bloody good wash and polish.

Did the proper job washed her in Meguiars classic gold shampoo, then clay bared her which had an amazing effect followed by a polish and then the waxing. I also did the windows in the Autoglym glass polish and finished off the window surrounds with the bumper care.

I also test fitted my set of Roversports and think they will be staying.

Last edited by Richard C on Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard

@Rich_Clements

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:15 pm

Richard C wrote:I spent all afternoon, giving the girl a bloody good wash and polish.:
But what about the car?
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:21 pm

Totally transformed Rich. Looks good.

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:26 pm

CHR15E wrote:Totally transformed Rich. Looks good.
Thanks.

Yeah I like them but need 3 tyres so will get them on Monday and they wil lbe staying on.

Please excuse the blurry photo.
Richard

@Rich_Clements

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:27 pm

Looks the bogs dollocks Rich....Well done :D

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:29 pm

Just needs some side skirts or spats I'd say.

Spoiler looks good as well. I was looking at my spares the other day and reckon I'll fit a Vitesse one as well.

Yours looks a different colour to mine now? What's the paint code on yours?

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:47 pm

MMW i think.
Richard

@Rich_Clements

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:48 pm

I guess I should check mine. :D
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:04 am

Just some random images.

Richard

@Rich_Clements

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:23 pm

Old posts from elsewhere. :wink:
I have had a couple of niggles with this car for a while and I thought this morning would be a good time to take a look at some of them.

Whilst looking through some of my parts last night I found a sunroof switch for a Mk1a which I knew the one on the car would rock one way but not the other, So this morning out came the switch in the car, It was already unplugged as well! anyway in went the spare plugged it in and tested, the motor instantly powered up as if if was trying to do something but the glass wasn't moving, I then levered off the panel that covers the motor mechanism and turned the winder with the manual key this time the glass moved and this showed it was just stiff due to it not having been opened in a fair while. Out came the aerosole Grease and i dowsed the runners and mechanisms under the glass panel this freed up the sunroof considerably, I then tried again with the rocker switch in the centre consol this time the sunroof moved as you would expect. The only thing the needs sorting it the metal bar at the front of the glass panel has rusted through so I will replace the glass panel with the spare I have.

The other issue which was conserning me a little due to it being an MOT failirue when that time comes around, and this was the bank on 3 or 4 buttons to the right of the streering where were not working, this is where the fog light switch resides and this would have been the MOT failiure so i needed to sort this out. I undid the instrument binicale and had a look at the back of the switches the multi-plug at the back i gave a waggle and this seemed to do the trick as the fog lights now came on when the button was pressed. I just need a new bulb in the nearside fog light and all will be well.

The other thing that has been niggling me with the car was the fact that the blowers were not working, I looked at all the fuses and these were OK then I took a look at the multiplug going into the back of the slider switch whilst I had the binicle off for the switch issue, I found a green wire not connected to anything and no obivous place for it to go, It looks as if the wire has broken at some point but I can't see the remains of the other end, so a look in the workshop manual is in order to work out where that should go hopefully this will fix that litte gripe.

Last night I also replaced the nearside headlight with a spare although both came from Mk1's I found the mainbeam connectors were totally different fortunately they were only connected to the light unit with spade connectors so I was able to swap them over. I forgot to mention above the headlight glass had a chip which then grew to a crack which went from botton to top so really did need replacing. I aligned the beams alright up and down but I went out in the car last night and i think it needs to be adjusted into the road a little more.

All that needs to be done now is the rear shockers and springs as they are very spongy, I then plan to replace the cam belt and water pump followed by the clutch and slave cylinder which sould bring the car to where I want it, the only thing body work wise i really need to look at is the front bumper has a crack on the nearside corner and last night I noticed one the other side as well, so it will need to be replaced at some point, I did pick up a bumper from Bren the other night so this will be going on.

I do need a Offside wing mirror for a Mk1a if anyone has one they would like to sell I would be most appreciative.
Richard

@Rich_Clements

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:24 pm

ince writing that i have been out there again, had a bit of a fiddle trying to get the blowers running, I feel Chris could be right in that it's just failed.

I also tightened up the bolts holding the spoiler to the boot lid bit for some reason it still moves about I don't think there is a lot i can do about it other than replacing it.

Every so often the handbrake would not sit nice after you release it, today I found out why, a Two Shilling coin was sitting underneath the handbrake which must have been moving around so every now and then it would foul the cable tentioner.
Richard

@Rich_Clements