NEC stand pics

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jon R
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

NEC stand pics

Post by Jon R » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:29 pm

Heres a few more pics to be going on with, showing the stand coming together, our cars, and some of the interest shown by the visitors.
Like Alex said the lighting in our hall was a bit dull, even on the show days with extra lamps on was not as bright as the other halls.

Kate and Susie were first to arrive, bringing her Police car and 820SE which was used for later transport.

Alex provided a carpet, which set the stand off from the general floor area, and covered the electric cables to the pc's.

Borrowed a workmans step ladder for this shot.

Alex spent a lot of time putting together a very professional presentation of each car displayed on the pc monitors,including period 800 TV adverts and finishing with an 800 TV test card, excellent.

Jon R

SJG
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: NEC stand pics

Post by SJG » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks Jon, great to see these pre-show pictures
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:22 pm

Lovely set of picture Jon, thanks for sharing
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Excellent pictures Jon. Thank you and also for your hard work with setting up the stand with building the lecterns, the work on the build up and breakdown days too.

I'm really pleased how it all came together. :)
One or two 800s...

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:56 pm

Thanks for your comments, glad to share the pics.
It really was a pleasure and a privilege to be part of the 800's NEC Début.

Big thanks to you too Alex for your hard work, programming the pc's, behind the scenes work, and getting us there.
Also for guiding me through the Birmingham transport system. :)
Not forgetting Eddie giving us a lift in his car, and Benny (Vitesse) helping at the stand. Decent fellas. :D

Jon R

thamestyres
Rover Guru

Post by thamestyres » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:09 pm

i think you all done very well and the stand was a credit to you... regards ricky
Rover Sterling KV6 V.reg 4 tailpipes and rs5 wheels (sold) :shock:
home of the "Mad Maestro"
1935 morris 18/6, having a near end of life rejuvenation, xj6 running gear..

BennyVitesse
Rover Guru

Post by BennyVitesse » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Jon, carpenter extraordinaire and photographer too, fantastic pictures, well done for coping with the sodium lighting!
Ben

1996 Rover 111 Knightsbridge SE
2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT
2016 Toyota Yaris Bi-Tone Hybrid
2017 Nissan Leaf 30kW Tekna

guru
Site Admin

Post by guru » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:03 am

Great pics, and I'm really blown away by the effort that you guys put into representing the 800's and this forum. I'm also really happy and sad to see a car I formally owned there (R511BRW)! Happy because she looks fantastic still and I'm very glad that she went onto a good home after me..........but sad because I sold her in the first place!!!!!! I knew back in Bromley last year that I was making a mistake, something that these pics only confirm. :roll:

Still great effort, consider me well and truly shamed into participating if we get a stand next year!
Guru - AKA James
m6jkk.com
Current Fleet
1991 Rover Sterling mk1c (taking a break)
2015 Mercedes C300 Hybrid
2015 Mini Cooper SD

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:41 am

It's fair to say that we are all proud of the effort and achievement shown over the course of the show. Magic work chaps (and chapesses). So nice to see that it wasn't roped off, either. did you have any issues with safeguarding the cars on show days?
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru

Post by Nuts4my827 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:38 am

Thanks Jon. Excellent work there. Sorry I didnt help!!!

James, BRW is looking semi decent. A lot of effort has gone into the compounding, polishing and waxing! Needs a new carpet as the current one has been cut, and a new front plate.

Gotta sort the bumper(s) too ;) Stll got your wife's signature!!!

Richard, you can see in some of the other pix the taped off power supply by my car. I must admit I was concerned, but no one tripped over it apart from me, and I taped it up!!

Generally people were very good about the cars, hardly touching them.
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Super pictures Jon.
Im still amazed how much effort you put into making all those stands for the show.They really looked super.
And to Alex for all his wizardry in making all the presentations,getting the computers and fitting it all in his saloon. (top marks also for securing the bit of hooky knock off carpet for the stand from the guy with the roll up behind the storage bins (he really should give them up). I bet the chap who runs the Teflon Wok company at the practical cookery show will be wondering why a large square was missing from his presentation area :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Also to Phil for bringing his coupe that showed another aspect of 800 ownership.

It really makes you appreciate how much time,effort and money people put into shows and also the logistics of getting the cars there.

I was only there one day and saw none of the show as so many people wanted to talk about the cars. My throat was sore at the end of the day.
I am looking at getting some flags (as can be seen in one of my pictures on the 200/400 stand) with 800s on to give the stand a bit of vertical presence. I also managed to sell a few stickers and will put the money into getting some more printed as well as more flyers to give away. Might even get some different memoribilia made to also sell to raise the club profile.

A lot of my photos are similar to Jons so I will not post them all up. I did meet some guys from PVEC (the police vehicle enthusiasts club) which is run by serving/retired Police officers/staff. I may join as they seemed like a nice bunch. They think my 800 is the last Police mk1 fastback in existance which makes it even rarer. Theirs was the only stand I visited hence the picture biase.

Range Rover used on Diana's funeral

As it was our church bazaar on the Saturday I managed to get a celebratory cake off the MU stall which was yummy

Jon breaking down the stand at the end of the show.He knew the drill

I know the early 800 ECUs were big but this is ridiculess

It was a super show. Both of our 800s trundling backwards and forwards to Birmingham never missed a beat.

A true flag ship indeed.

Till next year

Kate :D

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:01 pm

Thanks again for your comments.
Good pics of the Cop cars Kate.

I see we got a mention and pic in Classic Car Weekly.

Jon R

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Great pictures, looks a great day, pity couldn't make it, maybe next year ................
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.