POL - 2013 - PIC HEAVY ...........

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

vito
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

POL - 2013 - PIC HEAVY ...........

Post by vito » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:32 pm

Sorry - orignally posted in wrong section so moved ..............

Great day today, shame about the rain about 3pm which just about killed it off, but could have been worse, nice to put a few faces to usernames and see some wonderful machinery ........................

A great day out on my first visit to POL, my thanks to the organisers

:D

Chris E
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: POL - 2013 - PIC HEAVY ...........

Post by Chris E » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:55 am

Nice Pics..I have it and never even thought to use the panoramic facility..I must go to spec savers as I dont recall seeing the coupe R8..looks tidy

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Ta, tis mine, and it is :D
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:06 pm

Well, my firts time at the POL and what a fantastic day.

We drove across to Beconsfield and set off at 8am. It was a bit gloomy to start with but then the sun came out.

The drive up was amazing, with at times, the whole M40,as far as the eye could see being awash with Britains finest.
MGs,Metros,75's, Maestros,800's 400's 200's SD1's Allegros. Just amazing.

Rickys MG

He was just getting a cup of tea as we were leaving.

Susie took some pictures on the move.

Nice plate

This was cute

...he then came past us at a stately 70mph :wink:

Upon arriving there were already some 800s so we lined up with them

Our lovely little SE

Dusans unique one off interior. Leather clad Ricaros with matching green cloth inserts. NICE.

Now for the really sexy stuff

This is, they believe one of the earliest Allegros built an SS.

More 800s turn up

Ryan manages to blag the Hampton car for the show. Good effort (jammy so and so)

Soon there is not enough room in the original line and a second line of 800s is started

This lovely Mark one couldn't get in the second row so had to start a third.

Kevin, a new member hopefully. Thank you for the lovely cakes. That was sweet of you.

Alex turns up with his raspy 30000000000mile concoction. ITS ALIVE.

Found these two skulking in another part of the field but couldn't find the drivers to tell them about the club...whoops sorry ....forum

This was very nice and was for sale for £495 with, I think 99000 on the clock.

Unfortunately the weather turned nasty at about 2pm so a lot of people began to leave early.
It was nice to meet up with everyone again and put some faces to names.

With the attendance we had which I would estimate to be at least 20 800s we could easily give the SD1, 75 club a run for their money at other major events.
With the increased publicity from enthusiasts such as Peter Simpson Editor in Chief of Classic Car Buyer (Nice Coupe Peter. You know where I am if you want to sell it :wink: )and forum members such as Alex organising shows, I think the sun is finally rising over the 800 mark after its years of obscurity in the shadows.
Watch those prices start to go up.

A cracking day. We are already looking forward to next year.

Kate :D

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Thanks Kate, great pictures
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

davemk1
Regular Visitor

Post by davemk1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:29 pm

sorry didnt bring the sterling this year but it be there next year thanks for takeing a photo of my blue a35 van :D :D

sterling-geezer

Post by sterling-geezer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:29 pm

Great pictures! The silver Sterling 'skulking' in a couple of the pics is mine :D

You're right though, it was great to see so many 800s together. It looks like the profile of these forgotten Rovers is starting to rise...

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:54 pm

davemk1 wrote:sorry didnt bring the sterling this year but it be there next year thanks for takeing a photo of my blue a35 van :D :D
You're welcome, I'm a member of the Lincs A35 club so appreciate these little beauties ...............

Nice pictures Kate and was nice to meet you also ...........

:D

metelmickey
Rover Guru

Post by metelmickey » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:47 am

really sorry i could not make it, :( been coughing my lungs out for a couple of days ( still a none smoker ) with a chest infection and can't drive very well, def going to the BL/BMC meet later on in the year. 8)
MIKE

just got a 827 mk2 coupe and loving it, more commanly known as mad mick ( used to run a nitros injected firebird ) still missing my rover, now got a BMW 735 1999. now got 2003 760l, a 6.0ltr V12 and 445bhp. :evil:

Bert3
Regular Visitor

Post by Bert3 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:55 am

Yeh, thanks for the pics - NOT! :wink: ....

I spent the last few months convincing myself that I didn't want a coupe and you go and put up some pics of them in BRG & Anthracite (Charcoal?) ...... my two favourite Vitesse colours .... Now I've turned into a 6ft Gollum !
Last edited by Bert3 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Thanks for the photos, folks. I would love to get there one year......but it's a bit of a trek from here :)
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Chris E
Regular Visitor

Post by Chris E » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:09 pm

Cracking pics both..It was good to meet you as well Kate, and thanks for bringing that lead up...already working on bail for Peterborough

gibbzy2k1
Rover Guru

Post by gibbzy2k1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:28 pm

It was a good day, I have a few photos I will try and add up later. After seening the condition of some 800s, espcially the Bolero Vitesse Coupe, I realised I need to start on mine. Just bought a pair of wings so when the weahter breaks and I have time to play I can start getting the coupe ready.

Next year we are planning to bring at least 2 800s maybe 3 with us.
"Hey, let's be careful out there"

Callen
1994 Rover 820 Vitesse Sport *RIP
2005 MG ZS+ 115
1997 Rover 825 Sterling Coupe
1998 Rover 825 Sterling Saloon

Alucard7002
Now with more then 1000 posts!

Post by Alucard7002 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:00 pm

Heh - the Longbridge Project Gas 820 to the rescue in the background!

Great day out and some lovely photo's Kate & Gaz!

See you next time hopefully!
Dušan - head lunatic @ Four Paw Racing

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Nice red MGC GT in the background there
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT