Rimmer Brothers open day

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jon R
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rimmer Brothers open day

Post by Jon R » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:29 am

A few pics from Sunday
Thanks to the SD1 Club for the invite and making us welcome, and to Rimmer Brothers for the buffet and tour of their stores.

4.6 ltr lump

Garys (VITO) superb 2.0 ltr turbo Coupe in Charleston Green Metallic

Jon R

stanker
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Rimmer Brothers open day

Post by stanker » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:01 am

Great photo's !

Back to the drawing board with my pathetic efforts to keep my motor clean and tidy.

Regards

Ian

Bert3
Regular Visitor

Post by Bert3 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:59 am

Nice to see all the SD1's that must've been taken apart and put together properly sometime over the past 25 years :wink: -

Anyone else old enough to remember what a huge leap forward in build quality and reliability the 800 was when compared to the SD1?

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:55 am

That yellow and blue SD1 is "interesting" isn't it?
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:06 pm

Richard Moss wrote:That yellow and blue SD1 is "interesting" isn't it?
You could say that !
The owner (Brian) has just fitted strips of led's along the sills and spoilers, it's said to look like a UFO at night. :)

Needless to say the car is well loved by its owner.

Jon

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:09 pm

lovely pictures

The coupe looks beautiful
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:24 pm

Echo Jon's comments, great day, some nice motors and great hospitality from Rimmers staff with a superb buffet and a very enlightening 'behind the scenes guided tour, thanks to Chris of Rimmers in particular for the tour and to the SD1 club who made me and Jon and our 800's very welcome.

Some photo's to supplement Jons from my camera phone, so quality not as good .............

General view of the event 1

General view of the event 2

General view of the event 3

Lovely Vitesse 3.5 with the owner demonstating the driving stance he adopts

Another of that superb Moonraker 4.6 300bhp ............

Jon with his adoring slavering public ................

And finally............... a Freelander that probably STILL doesn't leak water in as much as mine ..............

I'm pondering whether to approach Rimmers about an annual 800 forum meeting on a similar vein for later in the year, dependent on interest.

I'll maybe start a new sticky thread to gauge interest before I approach Chris at Rimmers .

Any thoughts ?

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Richard Moss wrote:That yellow and blue SD1 is "interesting" isn't it?
Only two of his 4 exhaust flame throwers working properly at the moment................. I kid you not

A real character, has a matching red, blue and yellow walking stick .............

:D

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:47 am

vito wrote:I'm pondering whether to approach Rimmers about an annual 800 forum meeting on a similar vein for later in the year, dependent on interest.

I'll maybe start a new sticky thread to gauge interest before I approach Chris at Rimmers .

Any thoughts ?
Sounds like a good idea. We do need to build up a head of steam with events - this forum is very active but as a group we are crap at getting together!
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Chris E
Regular Visitor

Post by Chris E » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:19 pm

Would be interested in a meet. Reagrds Build quality, i was fortunate to own an obsessively looked after SD1 off 1984 vintage..in 1990..It had already had its wheelarches and bonnet sprayed by then. The only downside was it was the 2600, but been only 22 at the time, the insurance on the v8 would have been prohibitive. The 2600 cost me £420 per year TPFT. With a Divorce finalising and a house sale just as the market was crumbling..it had to go...you couldnt give the buggers away then, but I have wanted another one ever since..Its such a hardship having to settle for the 800....not