PETERBOROUGH BLMC DAY REPORT - SUNDAY 4TH AUGUST - PIC HEAVY

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

vito
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

PETERBOROUGH BLMC DAY REPORT - SUNDAY 4TH AUGUST - PIC HEAVY

Post by vito » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:11 pm

Well what a fantastic turnout marred only slightly by intermittent showers but glad to say we made it through to 4ish.

From a personal point of view, great to put some faces to forum names, meet some lovely people and some marvelous machinery.

Great 800 turnout with 15 of us from the group, and great to see Kates efforts with flags and banners come to fruition.

Take a gander ................ and feel free to add your photo's ................

Looking forward to next years already..............
Last edited by vito on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

TheVDM
Regular Visitor

Re: PETERBOROUGH BLMC DAY REPORT - SUNDAY 4TH AUGUST - PIC H

Post by TheVDM » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:33 pm

Looks like there was a fantastic turn out there, it's a shame health got in the way of me as it would have been 16 Rover 800's otherwise, I'll try again next year, hopefully health will be progressing by then!

Sorry I let you down!
Jim Valentine

1999 Jaguar S-Type V6 SE (want to swap for an 800)
My old 800.

rovercoup
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by rovercoup » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:55 pm

I would like to echo Gaz's sentiments regarding the show and opportunity to meet people and link names with faces. Here are the photos I had taken before the rain arrived and forgot to get the camera back out when it stopped.

An very enjoyable day and looking forward to the next show/meeting. Hope everyone made it home safely.

What was all that noise on the slip roads Kate? possible sting by cambs bobbys?
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:25 pm

Some nice pictures there Gary and Steve .It was nice to meet you both (and admire your lovely Coupe)
Gary has very kindly donated his fold out Gazebo to the club to be used at various events. From us all here thank you.

Well yes it was a super show as always and I for one am sad it is over for another year :( :(
Heres my collection of pics. Nort as comprehensive as last year but the time seemed to fly past. One minute it was 8am and we were setting up the next we were taking it all down again.

Getting the cars ready on Saturday.

Interesting having the two side by side and spending a bit of time pondering the differences between the Mk1 and Mk2.

After a very pleasant sunny early morning drive, we arrive at about 8am and start setting up. We quickly found the ground, after about 5 inches of grass was gravel so could not put the larger flag pole up. Thankfully Mick, Steve and Louise arrived and we managed to strap the flag pole to the strut of the gazebo. (recognise the flag Mal :wink: )

The pole is made from rain water down pipe with eyelets screwed in to take the flag.

At about 9.30 we already had a good row of cars.

This Se was really lovely but was parked just over the track from us. I wasn't able to find the owner re a flyer.

Original dealer sticker and number plate are nice little touches.

The flags really stood out and could be seen from all over the park

With the stand full, these two had to park opposite

Says it all really

Garys utterly gorgeous and pampered Coupe

Patrick and his Vitesse were tucked on the end as he had goodies to sell.

A selection of other cars.

This was on the Gay Classic Car club. Apparently the owner has 4 800s.

:shock: :shock:

Thought I would take a picture of this next one as I didn't think anyone else would and felt a bit sorry for it.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOh

These two were unusual. Apparently it is the 1750 Equipe and was sold mainly to employers in the SNCF. It just screams 1980s and looks like a Hot Wheels model.

Lets hear it for the band

Peter Simpson with his lovely Coupe

Lovely

As everyone was leaving the 800s were still standing firm.

Brochure shot

This was for sale

Despite a bit of rain mid afternoon the weather was pleasant and the company good. Sorry I didn't have a chance to speak to some of you a bit more. I just don't know were the hours went.

It was a fantastic turn out . When I first went to the BMC 4 years ago we were just parked up in the normal other cars area and I only saw 2 others.
Now look at us. 8)
We had a superb range of cars with some real unique vehicles such as Steves pre production Vitesse (which has a very interesting history and the links with Tony Pond on his Vitesse Fastback) Mikes Stealth Coupe that I tried to take a picture of but nothing came out on the camera :lol: Jons Auto Glym masterpiece to name but a few, Gazebos,flags, tea, homemade cakes (thank you Susie) ,stickers and we filled the stand. How good is that.
I think we can all give ourselves a pat on the back for raising the 800 marque just that little bit higher in the Classic world.

A super day

See you all soon

God Bless

Kate :D

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:44 am

Anyone get a pic of the Red Fastback in this pic:

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:47 am

That has been there the last couple of years Mo and belongs to oe of the BMC commitee members. It was seen pottering around the field during the day ferrying marshals, about or pulling a little trailer with fencing material in
An 800 earning its keep.

Forgot to say thank you to Dave for the 820 bits he kindly donated (sorry I was shattered last night) and for his stove and fridge combination. Nice one Dave.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:55 am

Just looking at the nice shot Gaz took of the whole row of 14 800s on our sand then the shot Kate got of the 2 BRG coupes that had to "double park" as out stand was full - unless i'm mistaken that makes 16 cars we had?

Purely on a numbers basis, i believe we had 4 no-shows due to unforeseen circumstances so by my reckoning we could have had at least 20. Add in the "stray" ones (scattered round the field in other club stands etc) and i think that's another 4 or 5 - maybe next year we can "kidnap" those people (or their 800s at least!) for our stand and really upset the 75 and SD1 clubs!

Only took a few pics at the very end of the show and to be honest they would only duplicate those already on here.

All in all another great day that went all too quickly and only let down by the weather not having read the forecast and done what it was meant to do instead of being cold, damp and windy with the occasional sunny spell!

Kate - you're very welcome and glad the bits have found a good home! Don't forget i have some other odds & ends, most of them general small trim bits, courtesy lights, switches etc for the Mk1 and a few odd bits for the post 96 cars including a couple of 825 KV6-specific bits, i was also shattered last night, hence no noise on here from me until now!

Also big thanks to Susie for such an amazing cake! Mmmmmmmm!!! Lovely!!!
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:35 am

Congratulations to all involved and especially to Kate who has yet again organised a great event on behalf of us all.

As discussed last year, we knew that if we could spend more time pushing the event on the forum we could make a much bigger presence this year.

Kate has done just that and we obviously had a stand to be proud of!.
Looks like you will have to ask Sara for more room next time!

I'm looking forward to next years BMC/BL rally as I couldn't make it this time. (only 2nd one missed in 18 years!)
All being well my white gold 827i will be completed by then and used to bring the trailer tent.

I believe there are still a few more events to come, and hope those who attend them have a great time.

Kate's banners where an excellent addition to the stand and certainly ensured you could all be seen on the show ground.

Thanks again, you all "Did us proud" :D

metelmickey
Rover Guru

Post by metelmickey » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:44 am

yes, well done kate for all your work and the banners looked great 8) 8) when't home down the m1-m25-m3 route as silverstone had an event on so i thought i'd miss all the traffic, :roll: :roll: got on the m1 and went about 5mls and stopped for about 20mins, the motorway was closed by a truck crashing into the armco by the service station and blocking the hard shoulder and 2 lanes of the motorway :shock: :shock: :shock: got home around 10.30. still good day and nice people to meet, very nice cars more coupes ( i think :wink: ) than other models :D :D :D .
MIKE

just got a 827 mk2 coupe and loving it, more commanly known as mad mick ( used to run a nitros injected firebird ) still missing my rover, now got a BMW 735 1999. now got 2003 760l, a 6.0ltr V12 and 445bhp. :evil:

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:53 am

Nice to see you again Mike. If we had an award for furthest tarvelled I think you could win. Great effort

Thanks Mal for your comments. Its such a shame you couldn't come. Hope everything is okay.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:23 pm

Well done to everyone, especially Susie and Kate. It looks like a lot of us missed a treat (Susie's cake, not the cars - got enough of those at home)

Brad
No longer an 800 owner!

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:02 pm

TDHFastback wrote:That has been there the last couple of years Mo and belongs to oe of the BMC commitee members. It was seen pottering around the field during the day ferrying marshals, about or pulling a little trailer with fencing material in
An 800 earning its keep.
Nice, but did anyone get a pic?

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Sorry Mo.I didn't not sure about anyone else on here.

Zooming in on my camera the reg looks like M126EEA

Kind words Brad but I think the big ...............THANK YOU................. should go to Richard Moss without whom none of us would have been there.

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:36 pm

Nice. M126 EEA comes up as a Rover 820i SE which is a pretty rare model of mk2. Came with most of the Sterling refinements bar leather seats and a V6 engine.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:42 pm

If it's any help, "EA" was a Bournemouth registration so not only is it a long way from where it was originally registered but at least it isn't living in a salty atmosphere now!
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!