POL 2014 Pic Heavy

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rovercoup
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

POL 2014 Pic Heavy

Post by rovercoup » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:13 pm

Well the weatherman/lady said it was going to be warm & sunny :lol: It wasn't it was quite cool and overcast for much of the day but a good turnout of cars for the event with 16 800's on the stand with a further 7 scattered around the park too embarrassed to come and join us :?:

The day started off well meeting up with Kate and Ryan at beaconsfield services ready for the off and convoy to Longbridge. At times it was wonderful to see all three lanes occupied by Rover cars to the front and behind.

Then out the blue this happened a little red Metro in the fast lane, I will let the pictures do the talking. :shock:

Arrived at Longbridge safely with no mechanicals to report from any of the 3 cars. A 10-15 min queue to get into the park and then find our allotted space and set up.
We were the first to arrive at the 800 stand apart from Patrick with his white MK1 Vitesse but were soon joined by others and the numbers steadily grew.
Kate spotted some in the distance where they shouldn't be and duly set off with Susie with flyers in hand.

John Arrived a little later in his superb MK1 Flame red saloon and Gaz (vito) some time after with the usual seating arrangements and packed lunch.

Lots of friendly car and general chat with lots of positive comments on the cars, although Kates car did manage to get most of the attention from the locals as most had seen more of the inside of this car rather than the outside.

The sun did eventually come out but by this time people were now starting to leave for their journey home. All in all an enjoyable day with lots of Britains finest on show.

My own MK2 Vitesse, Had to put some of my own in didn't I :lol:

Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

Charles827si
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: POL 2014 Pic Heavy

Post by Charles827si » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:29 pm

Great pictures Steve - and your own car looks the bees knees! Hope the weather was ok.
Charles 'Yorks'
"88 827si Fastback (manual) - Mum owned from new
"92 827 Coupe (manual)
"88 827sli Saloon (auto)
2011 Lexus IS220D F Sport
It's a stick shift? No, It's a grip shift!
ImageImage

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:32 pm

That is so clever Steve :lol: :lol: :lol: and very funny.

Yes as Steve says a super day. Down on attendance last year at the Beaconsfield meeting point but still lots of Rovers and MGs to look at.
Being passed by 4 metros all appearing to be flat out in lane three just makes me giggle and is worth the extra milage to the meet up point.

The chap in this focus was having a good old gawp at the Police car as it went past. Then we say his reg plate. Please :roll: :roll:

In stark comparison is the Right Hounerable Blyth Cuthbert Blenkingsop in his 1934 Ruffles Thunderclap. Mr Blenkingsop sports a rather sporty bobble hat and the 1878 pattern bushtail custard wobbler moustache. This style of facial adournment went out of fashion shortly after the Cuban Missile crisis.

Steeve Gs glorious Vitesse on the move. Its when you see an 800 in motion like this that you realise you have made the right choice when it comes to vehicle ownership

But doesn't it look weeny next to the X5 :shock: :shock: :shock:

The weather, was, to put it mildly Bloody freezing but we still had a good turn out. I think some of the cars went to the same spot we were at last year hence the split. Some such as Ricky (Thames Tyres) come over to bolster our numbers 8) but others didn't seem to bothered.

The white 820Se on the right was a very early six dialer with manuel gearbox and sun roof. It was in lovely condition and a real credit to its owners.

8) 8) 8)

It wouldn't be a car show without a picture of Jons engine bay

The white Vitesse saloon intriged me as it had a police speedometer along with calibration plate but no evidence of bar lights or nee nahs. The original radio was missing and it was on non standerd Viitesse wheels. I think it was a training vehicle for one of the county forces and would love to know more about its history. The two chaps in it were realy nice and loved it to bits. Ryans D plate was lovely. Sorry didn't get a chance for a longer chat.

This was SOOOOO cute :D :D

Loved the colour but not sure if it was standard

A very cold but enjoyable day. It was good to have a proper stand (Thanks Gary for organising that and for bringing along your gorgeous Coupe) and our attendance as Steve said was good but flippin eck there were hundreds of 75's and at one point we seemed surrounded by them :shock: :shock:

The police car ran faultlessly despite his winter lay up and is now tucked up in bed back in his garage.

Lovely to see every one and to meet some new faces. I'm off to have a (very ) hot bath with an enourmess glass of red wine
Till the next one

Kate :D
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:39 pm

Thanks all for sharing these lovely pictures, glad you had a good day.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:33 am

Great pics guys and a great day, nice to catch up with some good buddies again.
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:39 am

Thanks for sharing!

Next year i will try to be there :D .
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.
1982 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas.

Manalishi
Rover Guru

Post by Manalishi » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:47 pm

Beautiful! I must say the fastback is a really good looking car!
Henrik
Rover 820 Vitesse Coupe 180bhp -93 (Italy)
Rover 827 Vitesse manual (non cat) -89 (Spain)
Lexus GS450h -13
Austin Seven Special -36
Gone:
Rover 820 ti -95
Rover 216 DOHC coupe -93
Rover 620 ti -98

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:09 pm

My car is still not in a fit state to be seen in public :( and judging by the immaculate turn out of those who attended its a good job it stayed in the garage.
Nice to see people still putting the time and effort in. (I must try harder)
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:35 pm

TDHFastback wrote: The chap in this focus was having a good old gawp at the Police car as it went past. Then we say his reg plate. Please :roll: :roll:

I've got 12 inches, but I don't use it as a rule ...............boom boom ................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:08 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

papa-rich4.0
Regular Visitor

Post by papa-rich4.0 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:41 pm

Wish I could have gone but I was in bloomin Italy!

why cant allevents be organised for when im not on holiday or at work. Anyway, all the cars look great and looks like a brilliant day. saw a metro nearly identical to that one in Newton Abbot today except the wheels were so wide it was nearly as wide as a parking space (which was slightly wider than my 800.

Hope my vitesse lasts till POL next year!