Metro club launch

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MG Mal
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Metro club launch

Post by MG Mal » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:34 pm

I am aware that some of the forum members here are 'partial to the odd metro' .

So thought I would extend the invite to you all.

Taken from recent post on www.metroownersclub.org

CLUB LAUNCH FEB 1st..TIMETABLE

Postby jack thornton on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:38 pm
Mandy Metro wrote:Hi guys and gals . As many of you may already know, the Metro Club will officially launch itself on Feb 1st 2009 :P . I thought it would be a great idea to make a proper event of it, and so reckoned that Birmingham would be the perfect place for a venue as its central and also the birthplace of our favourite small hatchback!.

Well it was a great idea by Mandy and the venue for the meet, St John the Baptist Church Hall, 220 Longbridge Lane, Birmingham, B31 4JT, is perfect and available at reduced rates by Rev Colin Corke to whom we are extremely grateful.

Once again we shall all get together outside Q gate, Lowhill Lane, Longbridge, B31 2BQ but for this event can everyone
park on the opposite side of the road..we will keep our requests to enter Longbridge for Birthday meets.

The cars coming from the north west are meeting at Hilton Park Services ready to leave at 10.30 am
so can those from other parts of the country get together and decide their own meeting points.

Would everyone start arriving at Q Gate from 12.00 pm midday so that we all leave together
at 12.45 pm.. i will be at Q Gate to lead a convoy around Cofton Park for 3.5 mile drive to the Hall on Longbridge Lane.
People are of course welcome to make their own way to the venue but please not before 1pm because of churchgoers.

The Church Hall will be available shortly after 1pm and Mandy and Grant will go straight there at midday to prepare.
Refreshments are free but will be confined to tea, coffee, squash and biscuits.. so eat first.
There is space for at least 17 cars on site but these must be Metros as we want plenty of photos for the website and for Grant to carry on plagueing the car mags with :lol: ... Colin may have alternative parking for other motors.

The Autojumble will take place in the Church Hall and there are still tables available.
Bear in mind that the floor is wooden so no oil etc. and bring a sheet or something.
Those wishing to sell bits out of the back of their cars on the car park will be expected also to donate a fiver to club.
Try and keep the front of the cars clear of parts for the various photos.

There will be 80's music inside the Hall and no doubt Mandy and Grant will be in period dress?
I will be taking membership fees from anyone wanting to join..filling an application form out
can happen on the day as there will be spare forms printed off.

Come along and make it a great day.
MG Mal.
Chairman Metro Owners Club.
( I was press ganged LOL!)
Last edited by MG Mal on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Very Tall Brad » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:59 pm

Thanks, Chairman. :lol:

I have registered on the club site and will see how difficult it will be to get to Longbridge on 1st Feb.

I may not be able to come by miniMetro as it's being used in filming this week in London. My other Metro (1.1S) has no MoT. I'll come by Rover, though, and hide in the corner...hopefully.

Thanks for the invite
No longer an 800 owner!

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:31 am

Would be great to see you there Brad.

I wont be able to take either of mine this time, due to screwing my elbow up again.
(Cant work on em ), so will either be there in my daily shed 820 or our lasses octavia estate.

Mal.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:54 am

Sorry about the elbow. I get the elbow often...married 15 years...

I think Sunday 1st Feb is a goer. I'll confirm after this weekend.

Thanks

Brad
No longer an 800 owner!

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:38 pm

If you can make it, I will see you at Hilton Park Services on the day @ 10.30am.

mal.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:03 pm

I had a great few hours today with Mal and his mates. Many thanks for making me so welcome And what a great turnout. Here's a piccy or two:

No longer an 800 owner!

Stephen G
Regular Visitor

Post by Stephen G » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:31 pm

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... ight=Metro

Looks like the Orange Metro was detailed for the day!

Looks lovely
Stephen Golder

Current
2003 03 MG ZS 180 Saloon
2004 04 MG ZT-T 190
2004 54 MG ZS 115+ Saloon