BMC Rally at Peterborough 2015

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TDHFastback
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

BMC Rally at Peterborough 2015

Post by TDHFastback » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:25 am

Well another year goes by and another busy BMC Rally

The weather as fantastic and probably the best we've had in many years with no rain or high winds. Unusually our turn out was low with only 11 cars on the stand and two elsewhere. (Patricks 827 being in the auto jumble and a red Vitesse in a.n.other parking area).

In between marshelling and other duties I didn't get much of a chance to take many piccies so hopefully other attendees can post some up to give more of a feel of the show.

Leaving early on Saturday morning to help set up

With the police car un MOT'd I thought I'd give it a rest this year so the Sterling and Se are called upon to earn their keep

After a busy day staking out the field with all the different club bays, erecting tents and preparing the site we retire for the evening with a cold beer and watch the moon cup up

Next morning up early and prepare the 800 stand. The flagships arrive thick and fast.

A nice Coupe with a slendid number plate. (sorry didn't get a chance to chat)

A quick walk around the Marina

The aftermath of a weekends BMC ing

It was lovely to meet up with everyone and best wishes go out to those who couldn't make it for more important reasons.
Next year is the the 30th anniversary. Start preparing now. We need thirty cars there next year to win the best stand award.
( If there are blizzards and snow we will easily achive it :wink: )

A big thank you as allways to Sara, David, Matt,Alison Paul,Jake,Ashley and all the team whith whom without none of this would take place.

Kate :D
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

vito
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: BMC Rally at Peterborough 2015

Post by vito » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:29 am

Great day - pity about the turnout, thanks for all the hard work Kate and Suzy
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:39 am

Shame i couldn't make it for a number of reasons, hopefully next year!
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:59 am

Some snaps, glorious day, got mega burn on the back of me neck ................

Good to see Ricky, Jon R, Kate & Suzy, Ian from the shed and a few others ........

Stunning Tickford in with the Maestr/Montego's

Lovely Allegro Estate all the way from Germany just for the show

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:15 pm

Thanks for posting up the photos guys and we'll done on the turn out. A little bit gutted missing out on such fabulous weather, but will be there next year for the 30th.

Hope everyone got home safely with no overheating issues, the only down side to having glorious weather.
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:38 pm

Great day Stevo, you and Scooby Dave were missed, hopefully next year all being good as you say ..................

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:23 pm

Awww, thanks Gaz - nice to be missed! :oops:

The sills are safe and dry in my airing cupboard (warmest, driest place in the house!) and i will bring them next year. SHame things all went pear shaped for me this year at the last minute...........
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:44 am

This is a show I really want to attend, but sadly due to the time of year, I'll only ever be able to attend if it's raining!

Great pictures and good efforts with the stand.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:46 pm

I was supposed to have my car on the road for this, looked a good turnout. Only a week late :oops:

That red Tickford very nice.
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:14 pm

Lovely pics! Thank! To busy with education, planning to finish January so more time next year :D!
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.
1982 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas.

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:37 pm

Marc-827-Vitesse wrote:Lovely pics! Thank! To busy with education, planning to finish January so more time next year :D!
Next year would be ideal Marc, it's the 30th Anniversary, there are a number of visitors to the show from Holland so would be great to see you there, ots of hotels or camping nearby.

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:37 pm

Marc-827-Vitesse wrote:Lovely pics! Thank! To busy with education, planning to finish January so more time next year :D!
Next year would be ideal Marc, it's the 30th Anniversary, there are a number of visitors to the show from Holland so would be great to see you there, lots of hotels or camping nearby.

Marc-827-Vitesse
Rover Guru

Post by Marc-827-Vitesse » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:38 am

Thanks mr Gaz!

I know it is the 30th anniversary and indeed will come over to the uk a couple of times :D. Thanks for the tip about the accommodation :).
Looking forward to meet you and others !!
1989 Rover 827 Vitesse.
1982 Rover 3500 Vanden Plas.

midnite
Rover Guru

Post by midnite » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:00 pm

aint gonna miss this next year, my 827 will be ready by the end of this year just about, so pol, bmc, and wouldn't mind doing the nec classic if I'm allowed on the stand.
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i