Pride of Longbridge pics and lots of them beware.

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

rickt500
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by rickt500 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:53 pm

Interesting to get a rough idea of numbers for the various models, looks like plenty of 200 coupe's, mg z's etc, quite a few of the really old stuff, not many 800's and 1 sd1 (in the pics anyway).
The sd1 really has dropped out of favour, and it looks like the 800 is going the same way. I quite like that slightly stretched one, I was tempted to buy one a few years back, would be great for the kids in the back.

The graphics on that zs are impressive, about the best I've seen, wouldn't want it myself but I can't help but admire it. Absolute bugger to touch up when the girlfriend scrapes it in the multistorey ! :lol:
Richard T

1949 Rover 60
1989 820e T16 Conversion
1972 Rover 2000 project

Richard C
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Richard C » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:39 am

You have to remember the 800 wasn't built at Longbridge so most 800 owners wouldn't feel any connection to Longbridge (Like me)
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

rickt500
Rover Guru

Post by rickt500 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:58 am

Ah, that explains it, to be honest I wouldn't know what came from where... ! :oops:
Richard T

1949 Rover 60
1989 820e T16 Conversion
1972 Rover 2000 project

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:52 am

All 800s were built at Cowley and my late Uncle Les was in the spray shop there at the time. I've often wondered if he sprayed my car - but there'll be no way of ever finding out.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:38 pm

About 9 800s were there I think. That SD1 was the only one I saw.

I don't feel a connection with Longbridge either TBH, just thought it would be a good day out and it was.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:23 pm

CHR15E wrote:
I don't feel a connection with Longbridge either TBH, just thought it would be a good day out and it was.
Just a good excuse for a Rover group meet, same company after all and to be honest I dont think the location matered too much. I'll certanly be going again, probably in the 827 next time :D
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

stig
Regular Visitor

Post by stig » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:32 pm

i will also be going again, it has grow a lot since the last time i went two years a go.
1999 vitesse sport
Steve

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:11 pm

From what we were told just before we left it should be bigger still next year.

They're hoping to get more clubs and groups involved to increase the numbers.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Stephen G
Regular Visitor

Post by Stephen G » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:40 pm

The Professor wrote:i noticed Stephen G had made it to the event.
I sure did make it! :) Went in the Montego !

You should come next year in the Montego, be nice to meet you:)
Stephen Golder

Current
2003 03 MG ZS 180 Saloon
2004 04 MG ZT-T 190
2004 54 MG ZS 115+ Saloon

The Professor
Rover Guru

Post by The Professor » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:22 pm

I was pleased to see your Montego in the pictures.
I really wish i had made the effort to go but have been quite busy of late and needed the rest if truth be told.
Pleased your Montego is up and running again and it looks very well indeed.I love BRG it suits the car very well.
What was the problem you had with the engine in the end?
Did you replace the engine and was it from the guy in Leicester?
Good to see youv'e returned to the road. :D
I must say i am very impressed with your enthusiasm for the marque and cars in general ,more so in one who is just starting out on there motoring life. I think it is nice to know that there will always be someone interested in keeping our cars on the road. Without that enthusiasm it would be the end of the road for our cars.
Glyn
Image Image

Stephen G
Regular Visitor

Post by Stephen G » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:11 pm

A good service and a good run did her well!

While down there Jeff Patterson ( Jeff Turbo) noticed a leak from the head gasket... so i could be doing a head gasket soon :(

Still shes did me proud and hopefully it doesnt lead to a hg.

I dont think at any time im my life il be without a Montego.. They mean so much in general to me, as my grandad was a true fan too and theres soo many memories that i can remember just by the Montego.

Hopefully one day il get a VP Estate in Steel grey with all the chrome goodies because that was his favourite car and was gutted when it was wrote off.. Hopefully that car will come along pretty soon so he can see the car.. So im doing my best to get as many as i can restored but money is issues
Stephen Golder

Current
2003 03 MG ZS 180 Saloon
2004 04 MG ZT-T 190
2004 54 MG ZS 115+ Saloon

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:32 pm

Stephen G wrote:...I dont think at any time im my life il be without a Montego.. They mean so much in general to me, as my grandad was a true fan too and theres soo many memories that i can remember just by the Montego...
Thats exactly the way I felt about the mk1 Rover Sterling, first car I had ever been in that had so many toys and boasted so much luxury. Unfortunately (There's always one with me, I'm just so damn depressive) I've not had much luck with them, the one I really want always evades me. Sadly due to this, my interest in the mk1's is rapidly evaporating :(

On a different note, I've always had a soft spot for Montego's. I remember as a child a neighbour having one (After a couple of Capri's) he'd clean and polish it almost eccessively every weekend, probably making him one of the early "detailers" The car was a flat Blue colour with Gun metal grey underneath, and it was always in excellent condition, I dont remember what year the car was though.

Lord Sterling

BRG
Rover Guru

Post by BRG » Sun May 03, 2009 1:12 am

I can vouch for the Montego: It was a brilliant motor. I never drove a bad 'un, and I drove a lot of 'em. The Sierra and the Cavalier only outsold it by accident, and folk's sheer prejudice. (The Ford and the Vauxhall being possibly slightly better looking is neither here nor there, but was almost certainly a factor...)
No, honestly: Like for like, the Montego absolutely wiped the floor with everything in it's class. They rode brilliantly. They were really pretty well screwed together, too. Probably better built than Sierras. Definitely better built than Cavaliers of the same vintage.
And swift enough. The 1.6 Montego was pretty quick. The MG Turbo was out of it's mind!!!
The Montego's suspension was a right tour de force, I reckon...

The Professor
Rover Guru

Post by The Professor » Sun May 03, 2009 9:35 am

BRG wrote:I can vouch for the Montego: It was a brilliant motor.
(The Ford and the Vauxhall being possibly slightly better looking is neither here nor there, but was almost certainly a factor...)
The MG Turbo was out of it's mind!!!
The Montego's suspension was a right tour de force, I reckon...
There is an increasing appreciation for them finally.
I dont really understand why the Montego Turbo doesn't seem to have the following that the Maestro Turbo does. The body kit looks good and that may be the reason? I still think they are much underated and i feel that there are probably less Montego Turbo that survive today.
Again on looks compared to vauxall and Ford its a matter of opinion.
The Montego Turbo i can vouch feels as though its on rails. When you comit to a corner you can do so with complete confidence that wherever you point it you know it will go. My Rover is more like a blamange in comparison.
Glyn
Image Image

Mike V
Rover Guru

Post by Mike V » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:36 am

Slamm wrote:Just noticed on a pic of my car at Pride of Longbridge a non Rover sneaking out the park :shock:

Wonder who it could be :lol:

What Micra?

Anybody know what happened to all the pics from the first page?

Im trying to show my dad what the Longbridge meet is like.
MIKE V