Tyne Tees Commercial Vehicle Run 2010

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The Professor
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Tyne Tees Commercial Vehicle Run 2010

Post by The Professor » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:54 pm

The Tyne -Tees run starts at Stockton on Tees where the vehicles first meet . They then travel to South Sheilds at the mouth of the River Tyne.
Unfortunately the weather turned nasty starting with a heavy fog on the sea which then moved in land as rain. I managed to get a few pictures which i hope you enjoy.

Dont see many Daf these days
Glyn
Image Image

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Nuts4my827 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:51 pm

Some nice old Vehicle's there. Do like old commercials :oops:
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:04 pm

Fantastic picture :D
JT

...........Image

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:16 pm

47p2 wrote:Image

My favourite aswell, what a collection just in that one shot.

I'm embarrased to say say I have driven one or two of those over the years :oops: didn't think I was that old
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

The Professor
Rover Guru

Post by The Professor » Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:24 pm

Nuts4my827 wrote:Some nice old Vehicle's there. Do like old commercials: oops:
I'm not so much in to commercial vehicles. I much prefer cars but that said like most things i can appreciate them both from a historic point that a lot of them get used and worked hard and tend to be unloved and so most go for scrap. It is nice to see the vehicles we remember from years gone by. Some of these vehicles were in absolutely beautiful condition and were far better than a lot of cars i see at various shows. The paint jobs on some are fantastic and i love the nicely painted ones such as the national benzole lorry.
Its the first time i have visited this show but have seen them on the road in previous years on my way somewhere else. I thought i would like to see them some time and this year it was possible.
47p2 wrote:
Slamm wrote:
47p2 wrote:[
My favourite aswell, what a collection just in that one shot.

I'm embarrased to say say I have driven one or two of those over the years :oops: didn't think I was that old
I had seen a vehicle transporter visiting the show in previous years (from a distance) and had hoped it would be there this year. When we arrived i could sense the weather was closing in i thought time could be limited and so i made a point of heading over to the vehicle transporter to get a picture of that if nothing else. I love the fact that it was shown as a BMC transporter and had the appropriate vehicles to go with it. A real bit of social history and great to see. There were two transporters there but this had the best display. They both had Vanden plas 1300 on display. 2 on this one and the other was sporting a Harvest gold one. If you look in some of the other pictures you may see it up high.
Glyn
Image Image

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:24 am

Very nice pics! The transporter is fantastic indeed. The RM blinded up with Route No 12 is a bit off his route methinks :D
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:17 am

Very nice pictures Glyn, thank you. Yes that transporter looks superb with all the cars on it.
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:17 am

What a fantasic event, great photo;s thanks for sharing. 8)
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia