C S Rolls centenary

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The Professor
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

C S Rolls centenary

Post by The Professor » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:13 pm

On the 12th July 1910 Charles Stewart Rolls was killed in an air crash near Bournemouth. He was the first Briton to be killed in a flying accident.
On 11th July i attended an event to mark the centenary of his death and thought i would share a few photos of the event with you. The site was originally Southbourne areodrome but has long been the site of St Peters school and in a small corner of the playing field stands a memorial to C S Rolls. The school ran a series of events between 9th-12th July including several displays in one of the school buildings,there was a fly past by a Sptifire and a wreath laying ceremony. Rolls Royce Plc recently refurbished the memorial. I think its quite a nice touch that there was such a turn out to commemorate his achievements and the centenary of his death and to show that even 100 years after his death someone can still be bothered to pay their respects.

A nice Chinese eye model

A suitable number for a certain Rolls. MPW 1

Also in attendance and all on its own was this little Temporino from Turin. It claimed to have rallied throug out Europe . Look at the width of the tyres.Imagine what it would be like in this little Italian job.
Glyn
Image Image

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Nuts4my827 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:14 pm

That looks like it was an awesome day.

Wish I could have gone
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:00 am

Excellant pics of a great day, thanks for sharing them
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

marcushull
Regular Visitor

Post by marcushull » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:19 pm

great cars i love the red bently coupe FLW 817C