My First Alfa Meet lol

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Crome
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

My First Alfa Meet lol

Post by Crome » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:57 pm

Well i went to an alfa meet.. was actually quite like a rover one :)
NO Break downs lmao.
The girl friend has a nice gtv 2.0 twin spark, not too bad, quite nippy. She has been to quite a few meets and shows in the past few years. Iv only been going out with her a few months and i think ill be going to all the alfa meets with her, quite good chat and they always pick a route to go a blast after lunch... think ill be putting that into the next scottish meet :)

A few Photos:

The Girl friend :p

Since the meet was on sunday we decided to have a wee night away for valentines lol. Stayed at the Dakota hotel in South Queensferry, very stylish and funky new look to it.

a few photos of the trip home, shit weather but quite fun drive, i drove home, quite impressed with the gtvs handling!

Crome 8)

crome
Rover Coupe Turbo (toy)
Landrover Discovery 300tdi
Tickford Turbo (restoration project)

marcushull
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by marcushull » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:57 am

nice cars I do like Alfa`s even have a Alfa Sud Brochure for the 80`s kicking about lol

would look better with Prestige wheels and an auto box though ....only kidding hehe or taking the mick one of the two
Last edited by marcushull on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

vittyvinnie
Regular Visitor

Post by vittyvinnie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:09 am

marcushull wrote:
would look better with Prestige wheels and an autot box though ....only kidding hehe or taking the mick one of the two
:lol: You gotta admit that Alfa sure know how to design Sexy cars! Like the Girlfriends Alfa - looks like you struck lucky there chrome ! :wink: :lol:
And the Cruise route looks Stunning!!!
'97 Vitesse Sport White Gold
Lowered, St St Mongose,K@N
" Love of my Life"
(Just dont tell the ex-wife)
'98 Vitesse Sport Charcoal Grey

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 am

marcushull wrote:nice cars I do like Alfa`s even have a Alfa Sud Brochure
Alfasud, for people with tiny feet.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 am

I thought the meet was going to be held in that car park to keep the rain off the electrics!
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Crome
Regular Visitor

Post by Crome » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:29 am

Richard Moss wrote:I thought the meet was going to be held in that car park to keep the rain off the electrics!
Haha good point :p not one break down tho :D

crome
Rover Coupe Turbo (toy)
Landrover Discovery 300tdi
Tickford Turbo (restoration project)

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:32 pm

vittyvinnie wrote:looks like you struck lucky there chrome ! :wink: :lol:
Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. :lol:

I like the old skool boxier cars, like the 75? that Clarkson drove on Top Gear.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

marcushull
Regular Visitor

Post by marcushull » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:38 pm

CHR15E wrote:
vittyvinnie wrote:looks like you struck lucky there chrome ! :wink: :lol:
Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. :lol:

I like the old skool boxier cars, like the 75? that Clarkson drove on Top Gear.
I love the SZ or beast as it was known think there are some on pistonheads for sale , might take a gander

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2458697.htm

TDHFastback

sport

Post by TDHFastback » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:12 pm

Nearly bought a sportwagen a couple of years ago. Think they are yummy but found the interior a bit claustrophobic.

Kate :D

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:18 pm

My sons got a twin spark GTV, black, red leather, teledials great little car and as you say not slow.
Wait till girl the friend asks you to work on it, that will test your relationship :lol:
Five hours to change the alternator :shock: just have a look under the bonnet see if you can find it.
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:00 pm

Alternator change on a 166 V6 is awkward - it requires you to partially dismantle the front right suspension to remove the alternator. Then there's the cost of the replacement item.......................eye watering!
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:56 pm

Richard Moss wrote:Alternator change on a 166 V6 is awkward - it requires you to partially dismantle the front right suspension to remove the alternator. Then there's the cost of the replacement item.......................eye watering!
Same as the twinspark :cry:
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback