Bromley Pageant of Motoring 2011

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Bloody nonsense Chris! I mentioned that and the general unhelpfulness. They also insisted that I gave them a ticket, despite the window hanger admitting car & driver. Also the fact that they would not let you see a map of the site, just saying 'over there, go and find' Out of order, they depend on exhibitors, bet if you was driving an Aston the welcome would have been a little warmer. Perhaps we should meet up and convoy in next year and gang up on the spotty yoofs :twisted:
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:21 pm

schuwolf wrote:Bloody nonsense Chris! I mentioned that and the general unhelpfulness. They also insisted that I gave them a ticket, despite the window hanger admitting car & driver. Also the fact that they would not let you see a map of the site, just saying 'over there, go and find' Out of order, they depend on exhibitors, bet if you was driving an Aston the welcome would have been a little warmer. Perhaps we should meet up and convoy in next year and gang up on the spotty yoofs :twisted:
To be fair the lad on the gate was nice to me. It was what I assume to be gaffers or similar that were giving us the info.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:32 pm

I wasn't impressed, so I would like an answer in order to forewarn us on future dates
Brian Wolsoncroft

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

Richard C
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Richard C » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:00 pm

I seem to have delted the contents of my previous post

Here is Chris leaving Beaconsfield services on the M40.

Please excuse the shimmy

The Show ground in the sunshine
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:10 pm

ah, I saw you pirouetting around on Saturday camming the show ground. Looks strangely empty compared to Sunday!
Brian Wolsoncroft

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Copy of a reply to my email to the organisors:

"Hi Brian,

Thanks for your email, you are right it was a shame about the weather, but I am glad you still enjoyed yourselves. It was great to see how many people actually did turn out.

Please accept my apologies that I did not get round to see you with the plaques. I had good intentions but you know what a show can be like!! I did request that the plaques which weren't collected were brought back to the office so as soon as they materialise I will happily send you them out.

I do apologise that you had problems with the gate stewards, thank you for bringing it to my attention. There are a few things that need to be addressed for next year and this is clearly one of them. If you can think of any other constructive criticism please feel free to pass it on to me, from an organisers point of view it can be very helpful to improve the show in coming years.

Kind regards

Louise"

Hopefully, we will get our plaques, but guess we've out on the free souvenir programme :?

Any 'constructive criticisms' we want to pass back to Louise? I'll collate any comments and feed them back, not to be nasty, but I feel that they rely on us exhibitors so why not let them understand our needs
Brian Wolsoncroft

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:43 pm

A map as you've said before and/or posts marking areas out would have been good.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru

Post by Nuts4my827 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Was a very good turnout.

With the weather so bad I was worried about empty lots on Sunday.

Really nice to meet new faces.

One thing I would say Brian: When I emailed Louise about getting my friend into the show about an hour after you gave me her contact details, all I got was a voicemail and unreplied emails.

I didnt say who it was in the email, as i wanted her to grant permission on principle, not because the person is famous.

Wasnt happy about that. :cry:
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:57 pm

During the week she always answers her 'phone atraight away. Perhaps the ticket hot line was closed because of lack of time to post out tickets. Dunno :?
Brian Wolsoncroft

'97 820 Si Fastback auto