Ashby Folville August, picture heavy

Post your photos from car shows and get-togethers in here.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Jon R
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Ashby Folville August, picture heavy

Post by Jon R » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:47 am

Ashby Folville August
another good meet, warm sunny evening, and another 800 there !
here's a few pics...

First the Rovers
Coupe, this one is for sale £695, 103k, looked tidy, no rust, no dash lift,
ex Rover management, original No plates. I've got the sellers telephone number if interested, lives near Leicester.
Classic Pick Up
A couple of bubbles

Jon R

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Ashby Folville August, picture heavy

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:50 am

Nice pics Jon! Lots of drool-worthy motors there!
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Very Tall Brad » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:58 am

The blue Rover 100 with the 1.8 VVC engine and Metro 1.1C steel wheels is the star here.

I would really like that.
No longer an 800 owner!

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:41 am

My list is longer than yours Brad! In order of preference, it would have to be the Mustang followed by the Mercury (Cougar i think?), then the green Consul Capri/Classic pick-up then the blue Mini - shame it's in Argos colours though, "cheapens" the deal IMHO.

Have to confess the Metro/100 with the VVC engine has a certain appeal, a lot of power in a very light body and nothing to show or suggest it externally. The epitome of "Q" car or street sleeper or any of umpteen other names for a wolf in sheeps clothing! Wasn't that the "tag-line" to a Fiat advert in the late 70s/early 80s for the 131 Mirafiori? May have been the 132 Mirafiori, can't remember now!

Getting back on topic, i.e. the meet itself - Jon can you tell me more about how regular it is, entry fee/time, location etc? The thread subject is a bit of a giveaway admittedly but i haven't a clue where Ashby Folville is!
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:30 pm

It was the Fiat 131 Supermirafiori. Fiat never made a 132 Mirafiori
No longer an 800 owner!

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks Brad, couldn't remember! Just a shame they all rotted so badly, that 2.0 twin cam was a lovely engine! Had one in a Lancia Beta coupe until i put it in for an MoT and was greeted with the words "Congratulations, your engine and gearbox need a new car!"
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:17 pm

Very Tall Brad wrote:The blue Rover 100 with the 1.8 VVC engine and Metro 1.1C steel wheels is the star here.

I would really like that.

Quick and discreet. :)

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:22 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:Nice pics Jon! Lots of drool-worthy motors there!
Thanks Dave.
Always something special or different at this meet.

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:27 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:Getting back on topic, i.e. the meet itself - Jon can you tell me more about how regular it is, entry fee/time, location etc? The thread subject is a bit of a giveaway admittedly but i haven't a clue where Ashby Folville is!
Ashby Folville is in Leics, a small villiage 5 miles or so south of Melton Mowbray off the A607 east side.
It's held (weather and ground condition permitting) on the second Tuesday of the month from April - September
( so only one left).
Show cars use the cricket field entry is £2. Other cars use the opposite field £1.
The local pub puts on food, as well as Hog roast, burgers, curry dishes, ice cream, tea & coffee on the field.
It starts about 4pm - till late.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Thanks for that info Jon. Just had a look and it's about 70-80 miles from me so don't think i could come along regularly but might be able to make a few of the meets next year.
Out of interest, do you put your 820 into the Show side?

Bet the local pub makes a killing on food and drink that night! The hog roast sounds good too!

Would i be right in thinking the next meet (and the last this year) is Sept 11th?
If so i might be able to make that one as i'm planning on going to Nottingham or thereabouts to pick up some spares from Med - could make a day of it!

When you say 4pm until late, how late normally?
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:31 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:Thanks for that info Jon. Just had a look and it's about 70-80 miles from me so don't think i could come along regularly but might be able to make a few of the meets next year.
Out of interest, do you put your 820 into the Show side?

Bet the local pub makes a killing on food and drink that night! The hog roast sounds good too!

Would i be right in thinking the next meet (and the last this year) is Sept 11th?
If so i might be able to make that one as i'm planning on going to Nottingham or thereabouts to pick up some spares from Med - could make a day of it!

When you say 4pm until late, how late normally?
Yes the next one is Sept 11th.
I stayed til 8:30 and there were still a lot there not sure what time they close the gate.
Probably when it gets dark, but then theres the pub across the road with all the bikers and thier bikes.
Be good if you could make it and anyone else from here, all welcome.
Would need to go in together to get a place together.
I do put my car into the show field, I push the boat out for the extra £1 :-)

regards
Jon R

MikeMedford
Rover Guru

Post by MikeMedford » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:07 pm

Hmm fairly local for me that, might take a run down with you Dave if I have the petrol spare :lol:

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:45 pm

Add me as a "provisional" for the one on the 11th Jon! Might be an idea to see who else wants to come, swap phone numbers (by PM!) so we can arrange to meet up and go in together.

Bugger! That means cleaning the car again! :lol:

Will likely be dirty by the time i get there though, might have to put it through one of those horrible car-wash things!
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:48 pm

MikeMedford wrote:Hmm fairly local for me that, might take a run down with you Dave if I have the petrol spare :lol:
Hopefully you should be fairly flush at that point as i will have recently crossed your palm with folding for those parts! Could be a good little convoy/meet!

Won't be able to stay too late as need to feed/walk the hound when i get home and have a hospital appt in the morning!
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:57 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:
MikeMedford wrote:Hmm fairly local for me that, might take a run down with you Dave if I have the petrol spare :lol:
Hopefully you should be fairly flush at that point as i will have recently crossed your palm with folding for those parts! Could be a good little convoy/meet!

Won't be able to stay too late as need to feed/walk the hound when i get home and have a hospital appt in the morning!
We could meet at my house (or wherever) first for a cuppa if you wish it's on the way just off the A46, and only about 15 mins further on to Ashby, then all convoy in to get a place together :-)
Dave I'll let you wash your car here :-)

Jon R