Some old shots

Seen a Rover out and about? Find out if it was one of us.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
urbanviking
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Some old shots

Post by urbanviking » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:09 am

Whilst having a flick through some old pics I came across the following pics, they were taken at Pride Of Longbridge a few years ago.

Does it belong to anyone on here?
72 Rover 2000SC
91 Rover 827 Vitesse Auto
Too many motorcycles
www.digitaldisarray.co.uk

TDHFastback
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Some old shots

Post by TDHFastback » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:04 am

Yes its Johns and unlike most vehicles that deteriorate with age, it is now probably better and cleaner than it was then.
You should see the engine bay :shock:

Kate :D
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

urbanviking
Regular Visitor

Post by urbanviking » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:37 am

Thanks for the reply Kate, it stopped me dead in my tracks it was so striking. Really a stunning example, stopped quite a few "non believers" on the day too.
72 Rover 2000SC
91 Rover 827 Vitesse Auto
Too many motorcycles
www.digitaldisarray.co.uk

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:26 pm

A mk1 820 has the best looking engine bay of all the 800s - especially when the cam cover is polished up
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

SJG
Site Admin

Post by SJG » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:03 pm

John's car looks a little shabby here

(only kidding)
Simon

Rover Vitesse Coupe - 1997

mustarkle

Post by mustarkle » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:02 am

Nice to see a rover in top condition , always interested in seeing vehicles in this condition - lets hope it catches on :D

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:07 am

urbanviking wrote: Image
I'm sure that's mine next to John's.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

thamestyres
Rover Guru

Post by thamestyres » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:06 pm

the nearest johns car would get to "shabby" is when its parked next to mine, mine being the shabby one.. always a pleasure to see his car.. must admit i do prefer to be parked at the opposite end to johns car mine then looks better... regards ricky
Rover Sterling KV6 V.reg 4 tailpipes and rs5 wheels (sold) :shock:
home of the "Mad Maestro"
1935 morris 18/6, having a near end of life rejuvenation, xj6 running gear..

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Good to meet you at POL Ricky and I know what you mean about John's car, almost deserve's a stand on its own :lol:
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:51 pm

I think John's car deserves one of these:

Brand spanking new.
No longer an 800 owner!

rovercoup
Rover Guru

Post by rovercoup » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:10 pm

If his doesn't already look like this, yes it does.
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

threelitre
Regular Visitor

Post by threelitre » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:22 am

No Brad - your filler pipe is wrong for that car ;) It needs a pre-cat one I suppose, painted in gloss black :)

Regards,

Alexander
More cars then sense.... :)

Jon R
Regular Visitor

Post by Jon R » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:29 pm

Just spotted this thread.
urbanviking wrote:
TDHFastback wrote:Yes its Johns and unlike most vehicles that deteriorate with age, it is now probably better and cleaner than it was then.
You should see the engine bay
Thanks for the reply Kate, it stopped me dead in my tracks it was so striking. Really a stunning example, stopped quite a few "non believers" on the day too.
Thank you for your compliments. Glad you like Rov.
I've always tried to keep my cars (and vans) clean since I was old enough to drive.
What I,ve learnt s over the years and seen of others, I've put into this car.

Kate, your Police car deserves a mention too,it is a credit to the hard work you and Susie have put in bringing it up to spec.
Richard Moss wrote:A mk1 820 has the best looking engine bay of all the 800s - especially when the cam cover is polished up
There's lots going on under these bonnets, and I think the engine bays deserve some TLC, which do respond well.
The more modern cars engine bays looks neat and tidy with the large plastic cover panels, but it's nice to see the workings showing and cleaned up.
We used to clean and polish the ally casings on our bikes, scooters and er.. mopeds ! :) I think that's stuck with me over the years :roll:
BlueRover wrote:I'm sure that's mine next to John's.
That was 2011, I followed you in Gordon and parked alongside, not seen you for a while but I do remember at the time your car being a Tickford.
That was my first Rover800.info meet.
thamestyres wrote:
Simon Hubbard wrote:John's car looks a little shabby here
(only kidding)
the nearest johns car would get to "shabby" is when its parked next to mine, mine being the shabby one.. always a pleasure to see his car.. must admit i do prefer to be parked at the opposite end to johns car mine then looks better... regards ricky
:) Nah, all our 800s are well looked after and are special, and you've put a lot of time into yours Ricky.
Very Tall Brad wrote:I think John's car deserves one of these:
You'll do me Brad :) Thank you and Yes please !
Mine looks ok from the outside, but I remember you saying elsewhere in a thread, that they can rot from the inside.
Will be in touch.

Regards to all
Jon