Grey Fastback Sterling on 05/06 - Birdlip

Seen a Rover out and about? Find out if it was one of us.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DLR
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Grey Fastback Sterling on 05/06 - Birdlip

Post by DLR » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:26 pm

As above - N reg Grey Fastback on dark coloured aftermarket wheels. On the A417 at Birdlip. Was it Mr. Tenesmus of this parish? I meant to post this yesterday but I've not long returned from my trip to the north. I was in my blue Saloon going t'other way.

Tenesmus
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Grey Fastback Sterling on 05/06 - Birdlip

Post by Tenesmus » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Yes, that was me on a business trip to/from Chipping Norton (I could have got a hire car, but I'd rather get paid to drive the Rover - although the mileage rates aren't as attractive as they used to be). Didn't see you! Second time I've been spotted.

Incidentally on the way into Chipping Norton coming the other way was a procession of new cars: Aston, Aston, Bentley, Bentley, Aston, Aston. Footballers on a day out? Top Gear filming?
Pete
Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Auto 2.5 and a 1998 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm. 827 has moved on...

DLR
Rover Guru

Post by DLR » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:07 pm

I was going to flash (my lights, gents, my lights..) but I didn't want to seem like I was being impatient to the lorry I was following. You were going up the hill just before the pub and I was going down in the direction of the M5.

On my trip to Burnley and back I saw very few interesting cars - the obligatory 75s, a 214 SEi I couldn't keep up with, a shockingly high number of MG6s (two of the buggers!) and whilst I am sure they haven't been released yet I definitely did see a FUN* MG3, but your fastback was the only other 800 I saw. And it was by far the best spot of the journey ;)

Tenesmus
Rover Guru

Post by Tenesmus » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:14 pm

Funny, I was only thinking yesterday how I hadn't seen any 800s on the journey, but I am overdue an eye test...
Pete
Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Auto 2.5 and a 1998 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm. 827 has moved on...