M-reg Sterling, saloon, white, M6

Seen a Rover out and about? Find out if it was one of us.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lord Sterling
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

M-reg Sterling, saloon, white, M6

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Yep, as always, just I was heading to Coventry along the M6, what do I spot on the other side head in the other direction? That's right, an M-reg White Rover Sterling saloon heading North towards Birmingham, I was so incensed that again, a rare spot of a car was heading in the other direction that I just started complaining to myself quite loudly in brummy accent about it being on the otherside, again :evil:

The car seemed quite packed with stuff, I noticed it still retained its 15' Prestige alloys and was in the first lane, so wasn't in a hurry.

I don't remember the last 3 letters of the plate but it might come to me at some point.

:evil:

TDHFastback
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: M-reg Sterling, saloon, white, M6

Post by TDHFastback » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:19 pm

Always the same Mo. You always see the interesting stuff going the wrong way :roll:

Kate :D

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:30 pm

Just visited my daughter in North Lincolnshire for a long weekend (grandsons 2nd birthday), 450 mile round trip and about 9 hours in the pilots seat there and back, and I barely saw another Rover let alone an 800. Loads and loads of German tackle, Beemers seem to be as common as a Ford Cortina once was in the 70's and 80's, and just like the Cortina most of the breakdowns I saw were Beemers or Audi's. Apart from the burnt out wreck coming back at Worcester, pretty sure it used to be a Corsa, difficult to see as it was surrounded by Police Beemers :evil: Wonder if the Police in Germany run around in anything built in Britain, we really are quite dim in this country.

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:17 pm

I saw a Monteverdi Hai on the M1 in 1970 going up the opposite carriageway (before there were central barriers). Not seen one before or since.

I shall admit to having a soft spot for anything Monteverdi about this time...Google Monteverdi 375 if you want to see something classy.
No longer an 800 owner!

dollysprint
Rover Guru

Post by dollysprint » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Closest I came Brad was a Monteverdi Range rover! Why does the 375 remind me of a Jenson (that'll be the Interceptor, not the Button)

Dave
1988 Sterling saloon 2.7 Auto Pulsar over gunmetal
1990 Sterling Saloon 2.7 Auto black over storm
1993 Coupe 2.7 auto white gold 1
2005 Ford Transit 2.4 lwb, Club van
2007 Jaguar X Type 2.2 manual Estate

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Jensen Interceptor, Jenson Button.

Yes, the 2 cars do look like they are related. Must be the 1960's Italian design house cross pollination.
No longer an 800 owner!

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:15 pm

Thats a lovely looking car.

Time to raid the savings account?

http://www.drivecult.com/blogs/grand-to ... verdi-375l

Kate :D