Collection on the A1 at the OK Diner V297YCT P36UFM S465ETE

Seen a Rover out and about? Find out if it was one of us.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
TDHFastback
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Collection on the A1 at the OK Diner V297YCT P36UFM S465ETE

Post by TDHFastback » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:18 pm

Well am just back after a pleasant run up the frozen north for me Mams 70th Birthday and a very enjoyable time was had by all. On the way back down the A1 today I was thinking
"I wonder if we will see another 800?"

The Sterling ran fantastically and even coped with its boot being full of stones for our future pond, kindly donated by me Mam. What a splendid way to travel.

Gradually losing hope of seeing another, we pulled into the OK Diner just south of Grantham and were confronted by this just outside a bus garage.

CRIKEY :shock: a Vplated Coupe (V297YCT) with 92000 miles on the clock and, with a bit of a wash, looked very nice and sound.

As we went to park up I spotted through the railings this...

Crickey 2 :shock: :shock: A duo tone limo (P36UFM),in nice condition, 62000 on the clock and pop rivetts holding the dash down.

Two in one hit not bad at all.

After a cup of tea and a bite to eat we left the services and were just about to pull onto the A1 southbound, when through some more railings in a back yard we spotted this

Crikey 3 :shock: :shock: :shock: S465ETE a Sterling Coupe looking a little sorry for itself. (I'm sure I recognise that reg number) I wonder if its being used to keep the V plater going.

Someones obviously an 800 fan. Is it anyone on here?
I left a flyer on the windscreen, so another possible new member.

Three in one hit. Not a bad spot at all.

Kate :D
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

deano
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Strange collection on the A1 at the OK Diner

Post by deano » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:54 pm

Not one of Brads yards is it....
1993 Rover 827 SLI Fastback Mk2
1999 Rover 825 Sterling Saloon Mk2 (HGF)
------------------
Previously
1996 Rover 825 Sterling Coupe Mk2
1993 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk2
1990 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk1
1972 Rover P6 2000TC

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:37 am

deano wrote:Not one of Brads yards is it....
Nah, he wouldn't charge £6 for a burger ...........
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Re: Collection on the A1 at the OK Diner V297YCT P36UFM S465

Post by Very Tall Brad » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:04 am

S465 ETE was at the Peterborough Show a year ago. You took its photo, Kate, where it was parked opposite the 800 stand.
No longer an 800 owner!

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:36 pm

deano wrote:Not one of Brads yards is it....
I have no yard just a large garden with big garages and it is now empty of all vehicles...

That surprised you, didn't it?
No longer an 800 owner!

TDHFastback

Re: Collection on the A1 at the OK Diner V297YCT P36UFM S465

Post by TDHFastback » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Your right Bradders, well spotted. (I knew I recognised the number)

Here it is looking slightly better

There is another picture on the Peterborough 2013 thread which shows a 3 quarters view with the same wheels as above.

Kate :D
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)