A selection of spotted stuff

Seen a Rover out and about? Find out if it was one of us.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

A selection of spotted stuff

Post by Lord Sterling » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:01 pm

As we have this new section, I thought it was about time I'd round up mostly what I've spotted thus far, hence it will be easier to find something that has been spotted.

Alot of these pics have already been on this forum under different threads but I've decided to round them up so they are easier to find and ask basically, was it you? Is it yours?

Please note that some of the spots are not mine and have been found on other forums.

I'll note the location and supply a pic of the car if I can. If the car/picture belongs to another member and wishes for me to remove the location/picture, please ask and I will only be too happy to do so.

Enough talking, heres some I've spotted so far (In no particular order)

Spotted this near Kidderminster in mid 2007, anyone seen it since? Last time I saw it had lost its centre caps: (Pic taken from a Dudley car sales site)

J-Plate 825 Diesel near Halesowen:

White 827 SLi spotted near Weoley Castle square, Birmingham, I left a note on his screen about this site:

From another forum, clean mk1 827SLi spotted in North Wales:

Red mk2 820Sli I nearly bought last year, spotted in a Dudley car Sales place: (Soz about the ebay-esque pics, space was limited though :( )

Mk2 Sterling I was offered, I put it up on this site but no takers, gone from its place now, I wonder what happend to it?

Mk1 Sterling with a cloth Interior spotted in a scrapyard in Telford:

Sterling in Harborn Birmingham, on a SORN, looks to have been used a private hire vehicle at one point.

This 825 Diesel and mk2 Sterling spotted at some obscure car sales place Clee Hill near Ludlow, Shropshire:

820 Tickford fastback at a garage near Stourbridge:

Spotted this 820Si at Birmingham Car Auctions on Saturday, its fate - Unknown:

Spotted this Montego near Halesowen yesterday:

Lastly, for now, is this Sterling fastback spotted in Selly Oak:

Spotted it driving past me the other day and sounded a bit rattly.

Also spotted but didnt get pics were:

1. A very mint looking Montego GSI estate on a G-plate in Quinton, though I never seem to get any pictures, I'll try next time I'm there...

2. Gold M-plate Sterling saloon near my house, spoke to the owner but he wasnt selling, told him about this site aswell, plate was something like M???GRW

3. Grey mk2 820 saloon I often see it around Northfield/Dudley areas, guy spotted my mk2 Sterling aswell, exchanged waves/thumbs up.

4. Mk2 Sterling in Grey around the Telford area A12HPH? identical to mine, I have a pic somewhere and will load it up when I find it.

Lord Sterling

MG Mal
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by MG Mal » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:30 pm

Mo,
Dont suppose you noticed if that Blue Montego estate was for sale ?

(D plate HL is a rare site in saloon form)

Mal.

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:23 pm

MG Mal wrote:Mo,
Dont suppose you noticed if that Blue Montego estate was for sale ?

(D plate HL is a rare site in saloon form)

Mal.
Sorry, it wasnt for sale, I do see it in this spot a quite alot so I believe it belongs to someone who works at the works unit.

Though I will enquire next time I pass.

Lord Sterling

Kyle
Rover Guru

Post by Kyle » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:32 pm

The number plate of the sterling in the last photo rings a bell. I think it was the one for sale in north Wales a while back.
2000 Audi TT 1.8T 225 Quattro Silver.
1996 Rover Vitesse Coupe - the new towcar

Marmitemania
Regular Visitor

Post by Marmitemania » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:45 pm

I would say the gold sterling has bitten the dust, no tax since 1/1/09 and not SORN, so looking like a gonner. :cry:
BRITISH IS BEST

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:37 pm

Some more spotted rammel........
Lord Sterling wrote:...Grey mk2 820 saloon I often see it around Northfield/Dudley areas, guy spotted my mk2 Sterling aswell, exchanged waves/thumbs up...
I'm not really sure if this was the same car, it is Grey and sports some rather unpleasent alloys as the other car I spotted around my area, but I'm pretty sure the other one is an R-reg:

And now for a bit of a sad spot...............

Spotted this in Wednesbury on the way back from my mates driving test (Which he passed, at last!) I drove him back and for some reason took a scenic route out Wednesbury, not far out of the centre I spotted this rather sad looking Blue Sterling, I just had to get out the car and take a snap.

Like my white car it is an early 825, has rust in the usual places, I didnt stay long so didnt have time to look at it properly. It looked pretty unlooked after and had bits and bobs stashed inside the car like a shed. I actually recognised the area after seeing a similar picture on another site, but the spotter didnt take a picture of the Rover.

Where this car was parked also had a late Rover 100 and a late Rover 200 Cabrio parked on the drive.

Checking the cars reg out on the DVLA confirmed that it is an 825 and it is currently on SORN:

The vehicle details for E25 ODH are:

Date of Liability: 01 01 2010
Date of First Registration: 01 10 1987
Year of Manufacture: 1987
Cylinder Capacity (cc): 2494CC
CO2 Emissions: Not Available
Fuel Type: Petrol
Export Marker: Not Applicable
Vehicle Status: SORN Not Due
Vehicle Colour: BLUE

My 825 was registered 10 days before this one was.

Lord Sterling

Alex SBY
Rover Guru

Post by Alex SBY » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:32 pm

That is a shame seeing one like that. It does not appear to be two tone blue over grey colour and looks to have the wrong (for Mk1) wheels (they are Mk1a items).

I hate to say it but that is only going to be useful for spares I reckon. However long it will have been parked in that long grass will have done the underside no favours.

Quite an appropriate registration though... E25. 825.....
One or two 800s...

Kyle
Rover Guru

Post by Kyle » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:41 pm

Alex Sterling wrote: I hate to say it but that is only going to be useful for spares I reckon. However long it will have been parked in that long grass will have done the underside no favours.
Most likely agree on this. Won't have helped the sills or the bottom of the doors either.
2000 Audi TT 1.8T 225 Quattro Silver.
1996 Rover Vitesse Coupe - the new towcar

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:42 pm

Looks just like a Sterling my dad had many years ago. That had the same wheels and wasn't two tone either.

Looks like half that arch is missing?
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:16 pm

Forgot about this one. Spotted on another "spotted" forum on another site, some of you may remember this:

Spotted this one near Sutton Coldfield:

2.5 KV6 and not taxed but currently registered like a woman SORNed. It wears 16' Prestiges which were not standard on any Post-96 Sterlings except Coupes.

Lord Sterling

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:31 pm

Spotted a mk2 dark coloured Coupe, Reg No: R709 YVC, near Edgbaston Cricket ground today. No pics I'm afraid, driver must have seen my mk1 coming the other way as I only realised the traffic was starting to move.

This is the second time I've spotted this car, last time I saw it was near the QE Hospital around the time I was still driving my mk2.

Number plate rings a bell for some reason, possibly a late press car?

If it was you, make yourself known! :D

Lord Sterling

Stephen G
Regular Visitor

Post by Stephen G » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:43 pm

The blue Montego Estate is for sale Mal. Currently on MMOC Under Montego Estate in Cars and parts for sale.
Stephen Golder

Current
2003 03 MG ZS 180 Saloon
2004 04 MG ZT-T 190
2004 54 MG ZS 115+ Saloon

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:07 pm

Stephen G wrote:The blue Montego Estate is for sale Mal. Currently on MMOC Under Montego Estate in Cars and parts for sale.
If anyone wants me to go and have a look at it, let me know, might pop up there tomoroow anyway and have a chat with the owner.

Lord Sterling

Stephen G
Regular Visitor

Post by Stephen G » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:49 pm

If you wouldnt mind Mo, That would be ideal! :)
Stephen Golder

Current
2003 03 MG ZS 180 Saloon
2004 04 MG ZT-T 190
2004 54 MG ZS 115+ Saloon

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:00 pm

No problem Stephen, I'll be looking to pass there sometime next week.

Lord Sterling