A selection of spotted stuff

Seen a Rover out and about? Find out if it was one of us.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Just across town from me.

Spotted a 4 more 800's today, only got pics of 2, one of them looks like almost exactly like my mk2 with a 2 seperate exhaust exits like Slamms Sterling, though not as big.

I might the pics up if I can get a few more pics of others.

Lord Sterling
Last edited by Lord Sterling on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Nuts4my827 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Any chance you could have a look at the doors, maybe get a pix of them for me Mo???
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:42 pm

I'll try.

Lord Sterling

rover2.7
Regular Visitor

Post by rover2.7 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:31 pm

the maestro nab on the end there used to be a few in stafford nab registered and a blue metro at one point dont think its a local plate the black one was bought from peter boyntons prestige cars in 1992 at 2 or 3 years old was an ex company directors car and although was in good nick it was dirty inside and had one little tear in the leather on the passenger seat i presume its still there not noticable though really :)
now own a bmw but want a mk 1 sterling!!!!

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Wed May 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Picture dump....

Spotted this on a slip road by the M5, looks almost identical to mine, including the rear tinted windows. Had a Jaguar-esque rear twin exit exaust treatment. Sounded a treat.

Nearly scared my passenger when I spotted this Mk1 Sterling in Henley-in-Arden, Dodgy Carl might know this one:

Got talking to the owner, nice chap. He might be selling in a few months. He also knows the 'Deano' chap who keeps trying to sell the G-reg Blue Mk1 Sterling that keeps popping up on ebay/carandclassic.

Mk2 Sterling in Birmingham

Another equally Rover 800 again in Brum

Sterling laying on a SORN in Brum

Spotted on the M5, cheers Brad!

2.7 Honda V6 non-Rover 800. According to DVLA this car is meant to be Beige. Nice.

Early Vitesse near Dudley

Missed this guy once, was determined not to miss him again.

This is the best pic I could get without actually going on the owners drive and taking pics. Funnily enough a few days earlier this car let me out from a junction.

Thought I'd already spotted this one, getting closer proved otherwise.

For you Jag fans. 4.0 Jag in need of attention, weeds have since been cleared:

Pics from other sites.........

Gold 800 Saloon in Jersey

Sterling Coupe:

Mk1 Sterling in Surry

White Rover 820i

Rover 827Si

White mk1 820i

Thanks to all who have spotted these and for lettin me use them on this forum. :D

Rovers I've been told about....

Was told about an 87' Gold 825 Sterling that someones Dad owned. D800SAW is the plate (Cool numberplate). Lasted until 1999, was painted Black sometime in 1996.

Lord Sterling
Last edited by Lord Sterling on Thu May 27, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Slamm
Rover Guru

Post by Slamm » Wed May 26, 2010 8:42 pm

Mo, you have far too much spare time, some good spots though 8)
Mk2 Vitesse Fastback

marcushull
Regular Visitor

my car

Post by marcushull » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:00 pm

deleted
Last edited by marcushull on Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Thought it was time to update this thread.

Brads KV6 makes an appearence here too! Keep watching folks......

There are still a few Rovers about, I've spotted more Rover 800s than I've managed to take pics of, including the ever elusive 'Mike Medford' style copycat fastback, a metallic red 800 Saloon and a Burgandy 800 Coupe on the Newtown Middleway flyover heading towards Great Barr.

Will start off with what I have spotted:

Recently while making a niusance of myself in Belgium I manage to spot this:

Got talking to the owner, it is an 820Si with full leather interior as that is how they sold on the continent. Saw it a few days later, couldnt resist another pic, I need help:

Saw this a few days back coming back from Gaydon (Cheers Brad!)

Spotted these by Cars in The Park carpark (Thanks you for your patience again Brad!)

A few spotted in and around Birmingham:

Better pic of an old spot of mine:

Again, better pic of another old spot:

There was a point when things got so desperate that I was spotting 800s off TV and the 'net :shock:

Police Stop:

Google Earth spot:

Spots from the 'Net + Stuff sent to me by people who know me..........

Here is an 800 wearing possibly one of the most exclusive plates in this country, 'A1' looks as if was taken in the early 90s:

Minty Green mk1 Sterling:

Dumped mk1 Sterling:

Blue mk2 Vitesse from Flickr:

Courtesy of KenJonBro @ Flickr:

Red mk1 820Se

Minty 92 mk2 Sterling:

Mk1c 827

mk2 820i:

Red 820i Saloon

Courtesy of Brammy777:

Courstesy of RootesArrow7401:

A few more from autoshite:

Green mk2 Saloon:

Silver 827:

Silver 800:

Red French reg 825SD:

Minty mk1 Diesel:

Courtesy of Mr 'B0110x':

Dirty Mk1 Diesel:

Mk1 827i

Mk2 Vitesse:

Not sure where I saw this, but its an 800 so gets included here:

Red 820i:

Owing to sheer boredom this evening I managed to come across Brads old KV6 Sterling (+ a few more) on Flickr!

I think this was taken before Brad bought it. Around mid May?

Check out all you cool cats:

Courtesy of 'Mick Travis' @ Flickr:

Another nice Sterling spotted by same Flickr user:

No idea where they taken but both still taxed and seeing the road.

Been doing a few checks on previous spots, a quater of the cars I saw have not been re-taxed and assumed scrapped, another lot are on a SORN and the rest are still taxed.

Lord Sterling
Last edited by Lord Sterling on Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mjc9967
Rover Guru

Post by mjc9967 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:04 pm

Nice loada pics there Mo.

The Mk1c 827 made me sit up - I owned H908 XFR!
Mark

91H 820i Auto F/B Nordic Blue 32k
91H 820i Auto F/B Nightfire 65k
99V 825 Sterling Auto 4dr BRG 77k

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:34 pm

L149 DFR was ours. It's a 1993 180bhp Vitesse saloon with the cream leather interior from a Sport Lux and a pre-airbag dashboard (both fitted by me). Last seen being sold on ebay/gumtree about 18 months ago with no MOT.

Good car - if a bit smoky! No longer registered with the DVLA so probably dead.
Last edited by Richard Moss on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:00 pm

mrpcpc wrote:I wonder how many of these are still about ?
Did a bit searching a few weeks back. Some of them have not been re-taxed but some others have been placed on a SORN indictating that they might be squirrled away somewhere.

Lord Sterling

Flinty
Regular Visitor

Post by Flinty » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Lord Sterling wrote:
mrpcpc wrote:I wonder how many of these are still about ?
Did a bit searching a few weeks back. Some of them have not been re-taxed but some others have been placed on a SORN indictating that they might be squirrled away somewhere.

Lord Sterling
Or they are being cannibalized.

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:41 pm

UPDATE TIME!!!!!

All photos this time are my own, recent spots (Within the last few weeks) with a little explenation of how I came across them underneath.

THIS :evil:
I've been trying and failing to get a pic of, its a Blue mk2 820SLi, I've seen it no less than about 5/6 times either passing me or whatever, the only time I ever saw it stationary I didnt have my camera-phone with me, :evil: I even spoke to the tiny women owner.

Supermarket snap! just saw this parked up, got out of car, snap, snap! I'm guessing its owned by an old-boy.

:lol:
This car :lol: I know this might be popular to a very small minority here. I used to keep passing and always said I'd get a pic of, I didnt realise how much stick-on tat it it had. Poundland wheel-trims, stick-on tat and very well secure, must belong to some old-boy as that was where it was parked.

THIS:
No word of a lie, I was walking down a main road, in the rain towards a bus stop trying to get home. Whilst passing an alley-way that lead into a housing estate I just caught a glimps of this car, I could only see half a rear light I knew it was a Rover but couldnt be sure it was an 800, but something was telling me it was. I started walking down the alley-way but it was still diffcult to see the car due to the rain, as I got nearer I was happy to be greeted by this Rover 800, one of which I had actually snapped before.

Remember that crashed Rover 200 Coupe I posted pics up a few weeks back? Whilst I was taking pics of that, I suddenly saw this pass by me, I managed to get a few pics, but only one came out properly due to the rain. I noticed the rear tyre was flat, so knocked on the window and informed the young, well-dressed driver, I also commonted that his car was a nice and that I was a Rover 800 fan.

Whilst on my way to meet Bren about a month back to pick up some head-rests, I happen to pass this car, I was a passenger in my mates van so couldnt really ask him to stop. I did snap it a few months ago whilst it was on the move so the pic I posted up was a little blurry.

One for Simon Hubbard:
The Si-Miester got a pic of this some time back, seeing as he indicated its whereabouts, I decided on a little recce mission myself to see if I could snap a pic of it and find out exactly what it is.

DVLA informs that: Its a Rover 827SLi currently on a SORN, I was half-tempted to knock on the door just to see if I could help the owner shut the sunroof with the emergency key, I didnt see the Green Sterling thats usually there, but I did see, worringly, a 10-Plate Audi A3 parked in its place, I'm hoping the Sterling only popped out for a bit :?

Well, thats yer' lot fer now.

Lord Sterling

* Sorry to anyone who was viewing this who saw it suddenly disappear. This is due to PhotoToilet yet-again chopping and changing the way we use thier site, there was no reason for them to change the old format, but it seems to have been changed anyway, just 'because' :x Twunts

TDHFastback

keen eye

Post by TDHFastback » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:00 pm

You have a keen eye Lord sterling. I don't see any round my way. Thanks for the pics

Kate :D

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:34 pm

Thanks Kate, yes, I do seem to have an eye for them (or so I've been told) take yesterday, drove down a street when suddenly, what should catch my eye sitting in a drive in a housing estate I was passing? Yet another Rover 800 which I turned back, drove into the estate and snapped a pic or two, though I have snapped it and posted up here before so didnt include it in this batch.

There are a few other 800s I've seen out and about, including the Mike Medford imposter Black fastback I've seen a few times but never managing a get a pic.

Lord Sterling