A selection of spotted stuff

Seen a Rover out and about? Find out if it was one of us.

Moderators: guru, SJG

vittyvinnie
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by vittyvinnie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:41 pm

That is so good to know! A couple of times the sunroof has been iffy, even after re-doing the fuse box!
That is what I like about this site - all the info thats available! 8)
'97 Vitesse Sport White Gold
Lowered, St St Mongose,K@N
" Love of my Life"
(Just dont tell the ex-wife)
'98 Vitesse Sport Charcoal Grey

marcushull
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by marcushull » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:24 pm

vittyvinnie wrote:That is so good to know! A couple of times the sunroof has been iffy, even after re-doing the fuse box!
That is what I like about this site - all the info thats available! 8)

as far as I know mk2 have are different system and don`t have it

my mk 1 sterling had it but my mk2`s don`t

Flinty
Regular Visitor

Post by Flinty » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:27 pm

Lord Sterling wrote:Yo! A bumper pack for you lot today. Spotted most of these by pure chance or using roads I dont often/ever use.

Own Spots:

827 Sterling, a previous spot. Got chatting to the tall lady owner of this fine vehicle. She is thinking of selling to downsize, I passed her my contact details should she be ready to sell.
Ta,

Lord Sterling
She must be ready... it's just come up on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-ROVER-STERLI ... 41573f7db3

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Yeh, and I posted it up for sale here when myself and Brad went to see a last week.

She contacted me about it being for sale a few weeks back. I was going to buy it, but I've other things to sort out.

Lord Sterling

Mark Rover
Regular Visitor

Re: A selection of spotted stuff

Post by Mark Rover » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:29 pm

Heres a couple of photos of my 800 when is was being moved in 2007.

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:42 pm

Yeah, Nice Mark, but you already showed us this car and this thread is of what 800s I've spotted when out and about.

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:46 am

:roll: Kin 'ell, its been a while since I bothered to do this. Didnt have anything better to do, so.....

I nearly bought this car....

I'm trying to buy this car, I've known it for a couple of years. Its on the driveway of the owner's elderly parents, never met the owner yet, have passed contact details/offered to help and all that but havent heard anything....

Yeah yeah, I know this car was bought by someone on here and later broken up and whatever. This was a pic before it was sold. I noticed it had a walking stick and tartan travel blanket in the back, a couple I need purchase for my car.

Still going, an 820i SE. Left a note on the window with details of this site and my contact details.

These 2 I've already put up for sale on behalf of some old lad in Stourbridge.

Probably the best 'quick' photo I've taken of a spotted 800.

Probably the worst 'quick' photo etc......

Spotted this when I temporarily became a pedestrian. Seem to be owned by some builder working on some ghastly apartments that replaced a rather nice pub.

Diesesal Rover 800 SDi

Got chatting to the owner of this car at the lights. Middle aged Asian chap, seems to like it. Not sure if this was the same car I spotted a few years ago in Harborn driven by an important looking Asian lady.

Spotted this not far from where I spotted the above Coupe. Got chatting to owner at lights etc...

Spotted this being driven a few days ago, so its still going, photos are old.

This lives a few streets away from where I spotted the above Sterling.

Spotted this parked outside a pub in yam yam land.

Saw this being driven by some 'work in a warehouse type lad' got chatting to him at lights. Dont think he realises what he's got.

Spotted this in Central London, Kensington/Chelsea way. Tried to find a few weeks ago when I was down that way.

Spotted this at some pub near Warwickshire, there was another Rover 800 or two in the carpark and a few other types of Rovers, so dont know whether this was some unofficial 'Rover' meet, no one was outside.

Spotted this for sale in Cradley Heath a few years back. Its was disturbingly bad and laughably overpriced, lots of really bad bodges, very dirty and loads of careless overspray on tyres/bumpers etc.. Dont know what happend to it since.

Met the rather eccentric but well-spoken chap who owned this. The car was given to him by friends as he's not a 'car person'. He was worried about the transmission on it, I handed him a couple of numbers for transmission places I know of. This pic was taken sometime back, the lad said he'd give the car away to an enthusiast if he couldnt sort the transmission. Never heard from him again and I suspect the car has been turned into bean cans :(

Spotted this more recently, makes a welcome change from seeing later facelifted 800....

And down the road from that car was this.

Another P***LOP car no less, seem to be driven by some old style rocker dude.

Tatty 820Si, driver didnt seem very keen on being spoken to. It seem to have something leaking from it, I suspect it doesnt have long to live :(

Spotted this in Milton Keynes, there was a Rover 75 on the same driveway with some private reg on it or something.

Now I spotted this above car up a cul-de-sac after spotting another Rover on the main road. Not sure what led me up here but glad I did find it. I was actually on the way back from a scrapyard where I fell between 2 cars and busted my left knee, I was hopping around and in pain, despite this, I got speaking to the owner, who looks a bit like Bren off this site. He loves the car I gave him the address to this site, he was polishing it when I came across it, its a lovely car, VERY clean, almost like new inside. When his family came home from shopping his wife spotted me hopping about and advised me to go to hospital which I did, she worked in the NHS so I gladly took her advice. Thankfully with my car being an automatic I was easily able to drive myself to hospital.

Spotted this before, got speaking to owner etc....

Here is the twin of my mk2. Spoke to the owner sometime back when I had my mk1 825 Sterling on the road. He loves the car. Good to see its still going.

This belongs to the former head of Birmingham City Council, saw him being dropped off in a chauffer driven Jag S-type (after I got sent home from work as my knee was still poorly, so he saw me hopping about too) got speaking to him, told him about this site. His wife owns the white 200 coupe and his bro-in-law was a test driver at Rover.

Saw this being driven by an older couple, ADHIOS? I guess they probably live in Spain or something.

These 2 were spotted on a driveway near Longbridge no less. There was also a 600 and an LDV van.

Spotted this locally, couldnt get a better pic as it was on the move and my camera phone is a bit rubbish at capturing moving objects...

Thats as much as I could find, I'm pretty sure I have more somewhere.

Laters,

mjc9967
Rover Guru

Post by mjc9967 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:52 am

Cheers Mo I enjoyed looking at that! :wink:
Mark

91H 820i Auto F/B Nordic Blue 32k
91H 820i Auto F/B Nightfire 65k
99V 825 Sterling Auto 4dr BRG 77k

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru

Post by Nuts4my827 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:58 am

SO few 800's round here.
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Mo is back in the house.

Thanks for those. Some have come up for sale recently I think.

Always enjoy seeing 800s and how they appear in the real world

Kate :D

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:01 pm

WESTSIDE

Rover 800 spotting so far has been pretty dire. I simply dont have the time anymore and if I do manage to spot one, its normally heading in the other direction on the otherside of the motorway or something.

That said, last weekend I a BELTER of spots come up. I actually ventured to another side of Birmingham I have hardly ever (or even remember) been to looking for one Rover Sterling I'd spotted on Google Earth and ended up spotting about 3 or 4 Rover 800s. Enough writing. Have some PICHORZ:

This 820SLi was a REAL HONEY. I even managed to (just about) get talking to the driver. I know where the car lives so I'll be flyposting it and probably knocking on his door or summat:

:|

A couple of miser-spec 800 Fastbacks.

Spotted this TASTY set of wheels on the way to my old job before it ended. Sadly I was in the Micra but I did manage to speak to the occupents of the Sterling and tell them the usual 'I've got a Sterling'' ''you've got a nice car' etc....

I WENT TO POL :shock: I SAW THESE :(

Car on the left is mine next to its twin:

Mk1'c' Sterling.

As I failed to find the Burger van, I sat in the back of this instead:
Cheers Hotfuzz87, soz I bored you with tales of 800s etc...

This skulked in a row of other Rover tat:

I bought loads of stuff off this fella, sadly I didnt buy his car. Maybe one day eh?

I met up with Sam (Captain Slow) the day after POL for some photoshoots.....

And generally going around Longbridge spotting various bits of British tat, this is my spot, you can tell by the poor camera work:
Its a LHD drive 825 Diesel, been advertised before on ebay and the local papr wherre they lad wants something like £1500 or summat.

Memba' this:
I spoke to the old boy again and basically told him that he could call me if he needed any parts/help with his car, I even offered to tidy it up for him for free if he wishes.

Onto Telford where I saw this, its for sale:
For Sale thread IST HIEREN

This belongs to someone from the MG-Rover site and local to me person.

So, I spotted a Rover 800 on Google Earth and seeing as it wasnt that far, I took a couple of hours one Sunday to see if I could find it, without a NatSav, as I did, I also came across these HONEYZ ON WHEELz YO!

My First reaction on seeing this parked by the side of a wrong road I had taken was WTF? PICTURES TIME!

Getting lost in yet another housing estate yielded this:
Taken through the window of the Micra. I'll get a better pic soon.

Thinking I was near the target, I ventured in yet another housing estate which had this ABSOLUTE PERFECTION ON WHEELz parked around the corner:
I now know the house of which this car belongs to, knocking doors is going to take place, if not, at least a R800.info flyer through the letterbox should suffice?

Then, I finally found my quarry:
And after all that, I got a crap picture all because some neighbour was milling around outside cleaning her car, it probably did look a bit suspicious of some bloke in a Micra taking a picture of a Rover, but then again I dont think she knew what I was doing. A plan of action to get some better pictures is currently being planned out.

DAT is yer lot'

L8Rz.
Last edited by Lord Sterling on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

mjc9967
Rover Guru

Post by mjc9967 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:05 am

:D You are funny, Mo!

A great pleasure looking through your camera lens with you, as always.

There really are some great examples still aren't there, and more than I would have imagined.

Amazing more of these folk who are clearly passionate about their 800's are not with us on here...
Mark

91H 820i Auto F/B Nordic Blue 32k
91H 820i Auto F/B Nightfire 65k
99V 825 Sterling Auto 4dr BRG 77k

Nuts4my827
Rover Guru

Post by Nuts4my827 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:19 pm

Wow!

There's a few in there!

Well done Mo!
Phil B
95 827 Stirling: Nightfire Saloon.
96 Coupé 827 Manual White Gold.
97 Coupé 820 Vitesse Gunmetal.
99 820 Vitesse Nightfire Fastback. SERIOUS amount of welding done. Lived in a fettid garage for years.
EX 1994 Saloon Rover 827 SLi White Gold- RIP.

DLR
Rover Guru

Re:

Post by DLR » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:43 pm

Lord Sterling, on 6th Feb 2011 wrote:Image
Nearly missed this in all, wasnt paying attention, when all of a sudden it passed me, I managed to snap this picture though.
Lord Sterling, on 20th Dec 2012 wrote:Image

Spotted this before, got speaking to owner etc....
Mo, I KNEW you'd spotted this car, but I hadn't anticipated a DOUBLE SPOTTING.

This car is now on my drive. I don't know what I'm going to do with it, but it is here.

EDIT: In fact, have temporary photographic proof (my camera makes it look nicer than it is tbh)

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:58 pm

WAT.IN.THE.HECK?

Yoooo! Seriously Dan, this is wierd man. When I took those photos, you still owned the 820E and the R-reg 820i was still up here in Birmingham! Now its the otherway around, in a weird sort of way.

Did you buy this car off a small talkative bloke with glasses? The lad was into making stuff out of wood hence his car was always full of stuff. I got talking to the owner when I still had the G-reg Sterling on the road, he said he loved it. I did notice that the headrests were missing and like my KV6, it had the double pinstripe down the sides.

Seriously Dan, it needs saving and probably some minor resto. Enjoy it.