Montgomery

Seen a Rover out and about? Find out if it was one of us.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sally

Montgomery

Post by Sally » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:02 pm

Had quite a day of 800 spotting today, the first being this Sterling parked in the small town of Montgomery, mid Wales.

On the way home we pulled in by a garage to make a phone call and my son found these two - The silver one has to be THE perfect car for Richard Moss surely? :lol:

Think the silver 800 looks marginally better than this old thing though....

Saw another one going the other way on the way home too, a gleaming white one, that makes 4 in one day! Didn't see any other SD1s though but just so it doesn't feel left out..... here we are posing by another relic of motoring history.

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Lord Sterling » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:26 pm

Mustang-Sally!!

Anyway, I know the two above Silver mk1 Diesel and the Red mk2 Sterling, they are next to a garage on Clee Hill not far out from Ludlow. I spotted them sometime ago, been meaning to get back and get some proper photos.

These are mone from sometime back (And link to my thread where they are)

COuldnt get many good pics as I was in a rush and all the cars in the yard where parked too close together.

I've seen the S***WOM Sterling somwhere before aswell, cant remember where though.

Lord Sterling
Last edited by Lord Sterling on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sally

Post by Sally » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:30 pm

The silver one was cleaner when you saw it! :lol:

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:31 pm

I can't remember the last time I saw a MK1 outside of meets.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Sally

Post by Sally » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:35 pm

The guy that owns the garage is called Harold Dean - or at least it was years ago when I bought a Triumph 1500 FWD off him. I can't imagine it has changed hands as I am sure any new owner would scrap the lot. That mark one is not really as bad as the green stuff makes it look, seemed quite clean inside!

Hopton Bank Garage, Doddington. Cleobury Mortimer, Worcestershire DY14 0HF
Last edited by Sally on Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:37 pm

Sally wrote:The silver one was cleaner when you saw it! :lol:
Yeh, its been a while since I was up there, I've been meaning to go back. but lack of cash and lack of regular transport means I've not been able to go. I will one day and get some more comprehensive photos.

I reckon the 825D is worth putting back on the road for anyone who has knowledge and a bit of time, the KV6 Sterling looks equally clean. I wonder what Harold meant to do with all those cars?

Thanks for putting them up anyway.

Lord Sterling

TDHFastback

Thanks

Post by TDHFastback » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:57 pm

Thanks for putting the pictures up Sally.
Its nice to have another girly on the forum.(we are somewhat out numbered, probably something to do with the 800 always being seen as the buisness man/ old codgers executive transport .Is it the same with the SD1 club.)

I gather you are more into your SD1's but do you own an 800?

Nice to have you on board the flagship.

Kate :D

Sally

Post by Sally » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:56 pm

Hi Kate, no I don't have an 800 but I drop in here from time to time, just to be nosey! :wink: