Rover 800 in Abergavenny!

Seen a Rover out and about? Find out if it was one of us.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nirgunapa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rover 800 in Abergavenny!

Post by nirgunapa » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:20 pm

Saw this in the Fairfield Car Park in Abergavenny on the 9th June.
Looks well tidy compared with mine and its got a towbar!

See what I mean - I must give a clean!

Colin

ps I now have the flyers in the car!
Colin

1997 Peugeot 406 (Turbo gone)
2001 Volvo S80 - crushed - literally!
1996 Rover 200 - the wife's drive
1993 Citroen AX Echo - the daughters first car
1959 Commer Cob - perpetually next year
1952 Riley RMA - retirement project

Richard C
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Richard C » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Plenty of red one's about at the minute
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:03 pm

Thanks for putting these up. You take very good and clear pictures.

Lord Sterling

nirgunapa

Post by nirgunapa » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:08 pm

Finally got to speak to the owner of this car and have given him a flyer so he may turn up here.
He has owned the car from new and the inside is in fantastic condition. Bought directly from Rover, it's a diesel and is approaching 69,000 miles. He lives locally and has only had one problem in all the years that he has owned it.
We both agreed that they are vastly under-rated cars :D

Colin
Colin

1997 Peugeot 406 (Turbo gone)
2001 Volvo S80 - crushed - literally!
1996 Rover 200 - the wife's drive
1993 Citroen AX Echo - the daughters first car
1959 Commer Cob - perpetually next year
1952 Riley RMA - retirement project

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Good to know. New members are always needed.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

aberone

Post by aberone » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:31 pm

nirgunapa wrote:Finally got to speak to the owner of this car and have given him a flyer so he may turn up here.
He has owned the car from new and the inside is in fantastic condition. Bought directly from Rover, it's a diesel and is approaching 69,000 miles. He lives locally and has only had one problem in all the years that he has owned it.
We both agreed that they are vastly under-rated cars :D

Colin
Well I see my car's reputation precedes me!! Oh, how I did laugh when I saw this! :-D :-D Then when I showed my wife, how she did laugh! :-D :-D

I clearly remember that day in Fairfield car park, when I saw the green 800 parked near me - what I didn't know, was that my 800's fame was soon to spread!! :-)

Glad to have met up with you yesterday evening and great to know that there are many like-minded people out there who appreciate these cars. I now feel vindicated in my belief that I was right to hang on to this great car - despite what my children and others have said! :-D

Best regards to you and all,

one happy-chappy!

BlueRover
Rover Guru

Post by BlueRover » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:13 pm

Richard C wrote:Plenty of red one's about at the minute
Agreed, I've seen two in the last month (2 800's I mean and they've both been red).
The one I saw today was a Mk2 but had TOK at the end of the reg. Wierd !!
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock