Rover 825 Silver Sterling

Seen a Rover out and about? Find out if it was one of us.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
billabong63
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rover 825 Silver Sterling

Post by billabong63 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:59 pm

There I was driving down the M1 today just past Scratchwood Services and I noticed 2 Police motorcyclists in my rear view mirror.
At Staples Corner I was requested to pull over for a routine check.
As I knew I had done nothing wrong, (cruise control is a lazy mans way of ensuring you dont inadvertently exceed the limit) I was very concerned that my car had been cloned and had used in recent criminal activity.
A quick check soon revealed I was a genuine owner and there was nothing untoward.
At the end of the very informative and advisary chat, the kind WPC gave me the leaflet referring me to this site where I could obtain advice and spares for these "future classics"
I had forgotten I had already registered when I was looking into problems with Head Gasket issues some while ago.
The officer was also the proud owner of 2 of these beasts.
So, thanks very much for the re-introduction.

bren
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by bren » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:31 am

take it that was Kate then :roll:
are we getting that desperate to recruit new members we now have to use the police :lol: :lol:
nice post :wink:

guru
Site Admin

Post by guru » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:55 am

Ha ha, sounds like Kate got you! Welcome (back) to the site anyway, as I'm sure Kate told you it's a fantastic source of information for the 800 and well done Kate, keep up the good work! :wink:
Guru - AKA James
m6jkk.com
Current Fleet
1991 Rover Sterling mk1c (taking a break)
2015 Mercedes C300 Hybrid
2015 Mini Cooper SD

mjc9967
Rover Guru

Post by mjc9967 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:02 pm

I'd have quite enjoyed that! Had a couple of cops keep coming down my road one day when I was spending the whole day on of my cars, in the end I acknowledged them and we chatted, he lost interest when he realised my mk1 wasnt an 827...
Mark

91H 820i Auto F/B Nordic Blue 32k
91H 820i Auto F/B Nightfire 65k
99V 825 Sterling Auto 4dr BRG 77k

Richard C
Site Admin

Post by Richard C » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:40 pm

What an outrageous abuse of power :D - Kate I like your style.

And welcome back good to see you here. 8)
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

TDHFastback

excuse me sir is this your vehicle?

Post by TDHFastback » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:04 pm

I tell you something it looked fab gliding down the M1. You could see the suspension working but the body looked unruffled.

But blimey don't they look small next to modern traffic. The 3 series BMW in lane one looked huge.

Made my afternoon.
Misuse of police power? Never.
I stopped it as it is a highly desirable vehicle and therefor wanted to make sure it was not stolen :wink:

Driver was a lovely chap too.

Kate :D

Richard C
Site Admin

Re: excuse me sir is this your vehicle?

Post by Richard C » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:03 pm

TDHFastback wrote: Misuse of police power? Never.
I stopped it as it is a highly desirable vehicle and therefor wanted to make sure it was not stolen :wink:

Driver was a lovely chap too.

Kate :D
I'm only teasing Kate, :P
Richard

@Rich_Clements

1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic
2013 Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDTi EcoFlex, Macadamia

Russell820i
Rover Guru

Post by Russell820i » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Hehe Kate - this was genius!! :-) Welcome along :-)