Yesterday on the A11

Seen a Rover out and about? Find out if it was one of us.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
davidl4174
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Yesterday on the A11

Post by davidl4174 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi,
Spotted a White Gold 800 coupe on the A11 yesterday at about 11.30am travelling in the opposite direction (south) to me.

I was driving my S reg. Zircon Silver coupe towards Thetford with my brother as passenger to pick up a Sterling 5 door purchased on Ebay.

This was the only other 800 seen on a round trip of about 300 miles - just goes to show how rare they are becoming.

Interesting to note that LPG in Thetford was 7 pence per litre cheaper than I can buy it in Tamworth but unleaded petrol (BP) was about 5 pence per litre dearer.

Are the petrol companies having a laugh or what?
David.
"P" Vitesse Coupé
"R" 820 Sterling Coupé
"S" 820 Sterling Coupé Auto/LPG

BennyVitesse
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by BennyVitesse » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:45 pm

Spooky I was in Thetford yesterday in the 100. Yes the petrol is a joke there, best to fill up before you leave the Midlands or Tesco at Kettering (right next to A14).
Ben

1996 Rover 111 Knightsbridge SE
2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT
2016 Toyota Yaris Bi-Tone Hybrid
2017 Nissan Leaf 30kW Tekna