Rover 800 Fastbacks in blue.....Horrible common things

Seen a Rover out and about? Find out if it was one of us.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Robs820
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Rover 800 Fastbacks in blue.....Horrible common things

Post by Robs820 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Met my mum for lunch today as I've not seen her since early October, and while I was sitting in the cafe with my 800 parked outside, a blue fastback on an R reg went past. Looked in nice nick with shiny alloys and blacked and shiny tyres. Moments later, another in the same colour but on an S went past which looked to be of similar spec to mine, with steels and trims. That car was immaculate. Put both the first and my own to shame. Didn't get pics sadly but the cars were very similar. Both fastbacks, both the same shade of blue, and only 6 months apart on the reg numbers. Apart from a local saloon, I've not seen any 800s about in a while. Then 2 in the space of 5 minutes :-0
All the best
Rob
Rover 820 fastback (T reg) in metallic charcoal
Rover 420SLi saloon (K reg) in Ocean Blue (Gave up it's cylinder head to keep the 800 going....R.I.P)
Rover 820 Sterling auto (R reg) in Willow Green

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by CHR15E » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:34 pm

What drinks were you on? :lol: :wink:
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

Robs820
Regular Visitor

Post by Robs820 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:40 pm

Only coffee Chris, that's the worst part. Can't blame drink/drug/bird-flu induced hallucinations on this occasion......more's the pity :roll:
All the best
Rob
Rover 420SLi saloon (K reg) in Ocean Blue (Gave up it's cylinder head to keep the 800 going....R.I.P)

davidl4174
Regular Visitor

Post by davidl4174 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:44 am

I was only thinking the other day how rare it is to see an 800 derivative these days.

On a journey of somewhere around 300 miles a weekend or two ago I spotted only one 800, a gold coupe.

It seems that they are going to the breakers in ever increasing quantities which I suppose is only natural considering their age and the price of scrap these days.

Anyhow my brother and I are doing our bit by keeping 3 coupes and 3 five doors in good order and actually driving them.

I'm glad to say we are not the only 'saddos' in the town as there is a coupe and another 5 door still going strong.
David.
"P" Vitesse Coupé
"R" 820 Sterling Coupé
"S" 820 Sterling Coupé Auto/LPG

Vard66
Rover Guru

Post by Vard66 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:15 pm

There's a rather nice BRG Vitty fastback with 17" gold Monzas on out in Swindon somewhere, on eBay at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... TQ:GB:1123

That's the one. I really rather like those against the BRG. I've always thought a nice set of 17" multispokes would look good on a Vitesse.

And I quite frequently see a NFR Vitesse about in Calne.
Vard.

2004 Astra SXi 1.7 CDTi
1995 Land Rover Discovery 3.9 V8i

Robs820
Regular Visitor

Post by Robs820 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Well David, fair play to you sir, 6 between 2 of you is lunacy, surely lol. And Vard, that does look smart. To be fair I prefer silver/grey/black for alloys but that's just me lol. Funny thing is since I posted this originally I've only seen one 'unfamiliar' 800. There are 2 local to me as well as mine but a coupe in Tescos carpark is the only 'new' one I've seen since starting this thread.......buses springs to mind
All the best
Rob