RED 800 FASTBACK

Seen a Rover out and about? Find out if it was one of us.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
len
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

RED 800 FASTBACK

Post by len » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Red 800 Fastback southbound on Helston to The lizard Road 1.30 pm Wednesday 11th.July. Sadly I was driving my Wife's 400 Saloon instead of my Red 800 Fastback at the time!

If your staying here, or if you visit again, please pop in to The Lizard Post Office and say Hello!
Len 1999 reg. Nightfire Vitesse Fastback
1998 reg. Green 420Si Saloon
2001 reg. Blue 25 1.4iL

Tenesmus
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: RED 800 FASTBACK

Post by Tenesmus » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:35 pm

It wasn't me, but we'll be in Sennen at Christmas, if I remember we'll pop in (grey 800 fastback)!
Pete
Rover 75 Connie SE Tourer Auto 2.5 and a 1998 Honda VTR1000 Firestorm. 827 has moved on...

len

Re: RED 800 FASTBACK

Post by len » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi Tenesmus.

Thanks for the reply, please feel free to drop in any time, I'm usually around somewhere; the P.O. is also our house, and I love looking at all Rovers. I love my Vitesse, it is the third one I have owned and I intend to keep this one on the road for a good few years yet if I can. Prior to the Vitesses I ran an SD1 2000 for 14 years. Back in the 1970's I ran a P6 3500 for several years. I was Workshop Foreman in a Rover Dealer in Claygate, Surrey,from 1973 to 1988; unfortunately I changed trades to become a Sub Postmaster just as the 800's were being introduced so I missed out on the factory training. My Wife drives a 420 and my Daughter a 25.
The lead up to Christmas is a very busy time in the P.O., the quality of the welcome will obviously depend on how busy we are at the Counter. The period between Christmas and New year is usually very quiet! Nevertheless I'd love to see another classic Rover at any time! This invitation obviously extends to any other Rover owners who may be in the area at any time.
I was really hoping to hear from the owner of the Fastback I saw last Tuesday. It is very rare to see another 800 in this part of the world, Fastbacks are even rarer, and I haven't seen a Red one (other than mine!) for at least 15 years! It's a pity I was driving my Wife's 400 at the time. The road was too busy for me to get a good look other than to see that it was a Fastback and I don't think it had a Spoiler, so sadly not another Vitesse. By the way, the Vulcan has been known to visit Culdrose on Air Day, and it is indeed another magnificent sight, only slightly rarer than another 800!
Hope to see you at Christmas!
Len 1999 reg. Nightfire Vitesse Fastback
1998 reg. Green 420Si Saloon
2001 reg. Blue 25 1.4iL