Rover 800 club polo shirts part 2 you know you want one

Rover800.info goodies for sale.

Moderators: TDHFastback, guru

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:04 pm

Hmmmm, same problem as Vard's here now :? Nothing to do with the thickness either
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

TDHFastback
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

girth

Post by TDHFastback » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:54 pm

:oops: :roll:
The prototypes I have here look good. The manager of the shop ( and I don't think it was sales talk as we seemed to get on and had a very personal chat about smashed limbs and metal work re Bike accidents) thinks the cheaper ones are good for working shirts and the more expensive would suit the complicated design/ image of the club better.

Funnily enough the cheaper ones feel thicker and don't look as black and the more expensive ones are thinner and blacker.

The Papini shirts (expensive ones) have a fitted sleeve so all you muscular types might like/not like them as they will show up your rippling muscles and could be a bit tight. The cheaper ones are a bit more baggy/floppy

So to sum up. Cheap = thick, baggy and floppy
Expensive= thin, fitted and tight

I know what I prefer but its up to you as I will be ordering girlie ones for me and Tracy if she wants one.

Kate :D

guru
Site Admin

Re: girth

Post by guru » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:13 pm

TDHFastback wrote:...............The Papini shirts (expensive ones) have a fitted sleeve so all you muscular types might like/not like them as they will show up your rippling muscles and could be a bit tight........
That would be good for showing off my 6 pack....

.....oh hold on its not a six pack its a whole bleedin' keg!
Guru - AKA James
m6jkk.com
Current Fleet
1991 Rover Sterling mk1c (taking a break)
2015 Mercedes C300 Hybrid
2015 Mini Cooper SD

Alucard7002
Now with more then 1000 posts!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Alucard7002 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:34 pm

guru wrote:
TDHFastback wrote:...............The Papini shirts (expensive ones) have a fitted sleeve so all you muscular types might like/not like them as they will show up your rippling muscles and could be a bit tight........

Sorry but that, ^ ,is just pure WIN! :lol:

RE: polo shirts - yes i would have one, but its a polo shirt! Sorry personal thing since my school days, I point blank refuse to wear polo shirts. T-Shirt yes - Shirt yes - illegitimate hybrid no :lol:

Would have had a couple if it was a t shirt :oops:

Excellent work though Kate!
Dušan - head lunatic @ Four Paw Racing

'66 Ford Country Sedan
'89 Mazda MX5 1.6
'98 Mitsubishi Evo 4 GSR
'07 Subaru Legacy Spec B

vittyvinnie
Regular Visitor

Post by vittyvinnie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:40 pm

guru wrote:

I have a six-pack but I've lost the plastic thing that holds them all together!!!!
'97 Vitesse Sport White Gold
Lowered, St St Mongose,K@N
" Love of my Life"
(Just dont tell the ex-wife)
'98 Vitesse Sport Charcoal Grey

John W
Rover Guru

Post by John W » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:57 am

Hmm...muscular...how about just plain fat ? :lol:
Think I will go for the cheap "floppy" one to match me ! :lol:
Kind Regards

John
------------------------------------------

1996 BMW 525IX Touring (4x4)
1979 Porsche 924
1982 Porsche 924
1985 Porsche 944

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:36 am

well the trouble with being long and elegant (ie skinny) is that a tight shirt accentuates the 'bean pole' appearance, so, I'll probably go for a floppy one too. I can always roll it up to show off my 3 pack and scar :lol:
Brian Wolsoncroft

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:38 am

Alucard7002 wrote: RE: polo shirts - yes i would have one, but its a polo shirt! Sorry personal thing since my school days, I point blank refuse to wear polo shirts. T-Shirt yes - Shirt yes - illegitimate hybrid no :lol: !
That does raise the question of whether or not the manufacturer would be prepared to do T-shirts, too. Especially now that the design work has been done.

The cheaper ones actually sound good to me - less polyester and a better fit for my "muscular" (chunky) physique!

Kate - when do you anticipate placing the order?
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

metelmickey
Rover Guru

Post by metelmickey » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:01 am

i'd have a couple of each in xl and in black, loose ones are good for wearing over t-shirts in the winter and the tight ones for the summer. :D :D
MIKE

just got a 827 mk2 coupe and loving it, more commanly known as mad mick ( used to run a nitros injected firebird ) still missing my rover, now got a BMW 735 1999. now got 2003 760l, a 6.0ltr V12 and 445bhp. :evil:

Dajazar
Rover Guru

Post by Dajazar » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:01 pm

TDHFastback wrote::oops: :roll:
The prototypes I have here look good. The manager of the shop ( and I don't think it was sales talk as we seemed to get on and had a very personal chat about smashed limbs and metal work re Bike accidents) thinks the cheaper ones are good for working shirts and the more expensive would suit the complicated design/ image of the club better.

Funnily enough the cheaper ones feel thicker and don't look as black and the more expensive ones are thinner and blacker.

The Papini shirts (expensive ones) have a fitted sleeve so all you muscular types might like/not like them as they will show up your rippling muscles and could be a bit tight. The cheaper ones are a bit more baggy/floppy

So to sum up. Cheap = thick, baggy and floppy
Expensive= thin, fitted and tight

I know what I prefer but its up to you as I will be ordering girlie ones for me and Tracy if she wants one.

You bet I want one :D Hubby does too only not the girlie one (well, I think so :oops: )
Tracy
Love my cars
Rover 827 Sterling SOLD
Subaru Legacy Outback 2.5 For Sale
Honda CRV 2.0

TDHFastback

order

Post by TDHFastback » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:17 am

Richard in response to your question when to place the order. Now all the design work has been done I can do it any time you like.

I think the Union jack needs to be framed a bit better and poss slightly bigger as it seems to get lost a bit when the shirt is on. But thats about it.

I still need to finalise the p+p price to go on top of the price of shirt.

What I will need from people is the following -

1/ payment up front via paypal (final price to be finalised with p+p)

2/ Size

3/ colour

4/ Yes or no to real name /forum name on left breast (for extra £4.99)

5/How many shirts you want.

6/ Address to send the shirt to. (if you've ordered stickers from me in the past I will already have your H/A in my accounts so let me know)

We can start the order process now if everyone is happy with the design.

I response to Alucards dislike of polo shirts there is nothing to stop anyone ordering direct from the supplier. If you want a fleece, t-shirt cap etc embroided you can do it direct. The advantage of going ahead with a bulk order is we get discount which we wouldn't if we ordered in dribs and drabs.

I was thinking of doing other items /designs in the future if interest for these is good.

I think the first thing to do is to start a list of all those who are serious about have a shirt/s. I think a cut of date of 2 weeks will give people plenty of time to put their order in. Once I have a list of definites I can give you all a final price and place the order. Please only put your name on the list If you DEFINITELY want one. If your not sure and pull out then that means everyone pays more for their shirts . Re order discounts 6 and 24 are the magic numbers.

So no one misses out is there any way to PM everyone telling them what is happening?

Also I wonder if we should start a new thread for the orders.?

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:31 am

I'll defo have one Kate. Be good for wearing at Bromley 8)
Brian Wolsoncroft

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

vittyvinnie
Regular Visitor

Post by vittyvinnie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Have tried the Link to view colours, and today it worked!
And blow me down they do GOLD !!!! :D
So you can defo put me down for xl Gold please Kate! 8)

Vinnie
'97 Vitesse Sport White Gold
Lowered, St St Mongose,K@N
" Love of my Life"
(Just dont tell the ex-wife)
'98 Vitesse Sport Charcoal Grey

metelmickey
Rover Guru

Post by metelmickey » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:17 pm

i'll defo be wearing mine to bromley 8) :D
MIKE

just got a 827 mk2 coupe and loving it, more commanly known as mad mick ( used to run a nitros injected firebird ) still missing my rover, now got a BMW 735 1999. now got 2003 760l, a 6.0ltr V12 and 445bhp. :evil:

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:24 pm

cool, I'll recognise you :lol:
Brian Wolsoncroft

'97 820 Si Fastback auto