Finally got offroad..........

Landrover, Range Rover, Jeep or whatever - off-road or not, this is the one.

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
guru
Site Admin

Finally got offroad..........

Post by guru » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:02 pm

OK, I'll admit it's not very impressive!

When we had our Hi-lux Surf a few years back I used to be quite into green laning, but at the moment it's hard to find time to breathe let along go off into the countyside in the Jeep however we have this little track near to us so I thought I'd give it a quick go. Sadly the weather's very dry at the moment so no mud to play in, will go back after some rain!

Happy to say the Jeeps running well though, very smooth and quiet, bit rolly polly compared to the ZT but that's to be expected. Haven't yet filled it with gas however the trip computers showing just over 20mpg which in cost terms means it's getting the equivalent of 40mpg......not bad for a 4.7 V8 :)
Guru - AKA James
m6jkk.com
Current Fleet
1991 Rover Sterling mk1c (taking a break)
2015 Mercedes C300 Hybrid
2015 Mini Cooper SD

Thomas J
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Finally got offroad..........

Post by Thomas J » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:54 pm

Are you going to stick the winch on the front etc to go in greenlaning?
i want lots of british cars got 1 want more

MikeMedford
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by MikeMedford » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:57 pm

guru wrote:OK, I'll admit it's not very impressive!
Further than most 4x4 owners get!

guru
Site Admin

Post by guru » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Thomas J wrote:Are you going to stick the winch on the front etc to go in greenlaning?
Nah, I'm not brave enough to go anywhere that i'm likely to get stuck in!
Guru - AKA James
m6jkk.com
Current Fleet
1991 Rover Sterling mk1c (taking a break)
2015 Mercedes C300 Hybrid
2015 Mini Cooper SD