Manchester to Blackpool bike ride

For anything non car related post here!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
BlueRover
Rover Guru

Manchester to Blackpool bike ride

Post by BlueRover » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:13 pm

60 miles of undulating roads, weather not too good first thing (Manchester, is that surprising?) but 4hr 30 mins later in bright sunshine..

Considering it was his first long distance ride he did very well and was wearing a vest to promote the British Stammering Association.
He's raised £165 on his own so far.
It was hard for me not to become too emotional as I went to the finishers arena to find him.

Car related, perhaps, as he owns two 420 GSi turbos, one a daily driver and one a project car. Oh, and I went to watch him finish and bring him home in the 820 turbo.

All in all a worthwhile day.
Gordon:-
Only two 800's now,white 1991 820i with TWR and full special order leather (been stood for 15 years) and now a Nightfire red Tickford with 135k on the clock

vito
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Manchester to Blackpool bike ride

Post by vito » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:03 pm

Bloody 'ell that looks hard work, what them in first picture .......... speed cameras on Blackpool prom ................ :D
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable