Well look what I saw in our village ..........

For anything non car related post here!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vito
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Well look what I saw in our village ..........

Post by vito » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:47 pm

Little Andelucian village halfway up a mountain and a lovely, mint Spanish 827 SLI parked outside our one and only restaurant.

Had a brief Spanglish chat with the elderly owner, told him about my Coupe, offered him a cheeky 1000 Euros for his car which he smilingly declined.

You can see the slightly bemused Spaniards sat inside.

:mrgreen:

Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

rovercoup
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Well look what I saw in our village ..........

Post by rovercoup » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:26 pm

looking good on that paella and san miguel Gaz.

Will you be home for POL? or are you waiting for double figures to arrive in the UK :lol:
Rover 827 Vitesse Fastback Man Mk1 89
Rover 827 Sterling saloon Auto 90
Rover 820 Fastback 2.0 MPi Auto 90
Rover 820 Coupe sport 94
Rover 827 Sterling Saloon 95 auto
Rover 820 Vitesse Fastback 98
Rover 25 2.0TD 01
MGTF 135 02
Rover 45 1.6 SE 05

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:16 pm

Crumbs. What are the chances of that happening :shock: :shock:
Did you tell him about the flagship?

Is the weather good there Gaz, looks a bit cloudy or is it just the photo?

Nice to heare from you. Hope all is well.

Kate
D reg Rover 820Si Saloon. No space for a a saloon in this rootin tootin town
G reg Rover 820SE Fastback (my every day runabout) that ran off.
G reg Rover 827Si police Fastback (last Mk1 jam sandwich)
V reg Rover 825 Sterling Fastback (end of an era)

Eduardo
Regular Visitor

Post by Eduardo » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:42 am

... bemused! what a nice word. Had to look for it in my dictionary. Well, what do you expected? Not sure in that part of Spain but were i was born and raised, people do not talk to each other unless you are formally introduced or in a emergency need... a bit more relaxed in Seville probably even more in Almería
1999 Rover KV6 Sterling Saloon Nigthfire Red
1996 Rover 825 SDI Saloon BRG
1976 Lincoln Continental Mark IV White Brown
1976 Cadillac Eldorado convertible Phoenician Ivory
1975 Cadillac Fleetwood Berlina Black
2008 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive Grey

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:15 pm

rovercoup wrote:looking good on that paella and san miguel Gaz. :
He he, don’t know what you’re implying there Stevo but yup, been dodging the salads recently, gotta cut back for my 50th in May though ....
rovercoup wrote:
Will you be home for POL? or are you waiting for double figures to arrive in the UK :lol:
Doubful for POL sadly, in UK now buying a rental property which is delaying our return until very early April, back in June for the UK summer :lol: for national RSR in Burton, East Kirkby in July, BLMC August, Saltaire in September before return early October for winter.
TDHFastback wrote:Crumbs. What are the chances of that happening :shock: :shock:
Did you tell him about the flagship?
Kate
I’m ashamed to say I didn’t get that far Kate
TDHFastback wrote: Is the weather good there Gaz, looks a bit cloudy or is it just the photo?
Kate
It’s not the photo , it’s been diabolical, rain, sleet, snow, wind and more rain
TDHFastback wrote: Nice to heare from you. Hope all is well.
Kate
All is great as I hope is with yourself and Suzi, Chris sends her best to you both
Eduardo wrote:... bemused! what a nice word. Had to look for it in my dictionary. Well, what do you expected? Not sure in that part of Spain but were i was born and raised, people do not talk to each other unless you are formally introduced or in a emergency need... a bit more relaxed in Seville probably even more in Almería
Bemused is a great word Eduardo, cross between bewildered and amused, summed it up accurately I think, very friendly lot over in Enix, Almeria, happy to chat if you’re seen to be making the effort to integrate and speak the language, very relaxed environment away from city life, we still intend to call in on you by prior arrangement on our next route to Portugal whilst travelling by Seville and see your fleet.
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

Eduardo
Regular Visitor

Post by Eduardo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:06 am

Looking forward to see you around here. Please remember i use to spend some weekends in Puerto de la Duquesa. This is half way between Almeria and Seville and close to Gibraltar. It's crowded of Britts! this is one of the reasons why, i purchased an appartment there. Well, just in case you can come over. I'll be there for Easter.
1999 Rover KV6 Sterling Saloon Nigthfire Red
1996 Rover 825 SDI Saloon BRG
1976 Lincoln Continental Mark IV White Brown
1976 Cadillac Eldorado convertible Phoenician Ivory
1975 Cadillac Fleetwood Berlina Black
2008 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive Grey