top gear- what the hell?!

For anything non car related post here!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
turbotazame
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

top gear- what the hell?!

Post by turbotazame » Sun May 29, 2016 10:25 pm

Iv just been unfortunate enough to watch the new top gear with that little ginger ++++ Chris Evans and all I can say it what the hell , there just trying too hard and not achieving anything and a lot of unnecessary language, im sure Clarkson hamond and may are absolutely pissing themselves!

deano
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: top gear- what the hell?!

Post by deano » Mon May 30, 2016 12:24 am

not really....
Top Gear hasn't been a proper motoring program for years.
It`s either Super cars that no sod could afford or even want tbh
or....
It`s basically 3 middle aged men just arseing about on licence payers money.

Evans is trying to hard , Leblanc is crap .
The chemistry is wrong , they need someone else in there to bounce off
1993 Rover 827 SLI Fastback Mk2
1999 Rover 825 Sterling Saloon Mk2 (HGF)
------------------
Previously
1996 Rover 825 Sterling Coupe Mk2
1993 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk2
1990 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk1
1972 Rover P6 2000TC

turbotazame

Post by turbotazame » Mon May 30, 2016 9:11 am

Yeah TRUE enough but atleast it was entertaining the new one wasn't Evan that

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon May 30, 2016 10:14 pm

I've not seen it and didn't plan to for the reasons above. Top Gear lost its way many moons ago IMHO when the BBC insisted the Clarkson, Hamster and May were more politically correct and then as Dean rightly points out, it was all about either supercars that most of us couldn't even afford to insure without a lottery win or incredibly dull cars that are definitely function over form (Suzuki Baleno comes to mind for some reason!) that while they get you from A to B and back again, they have little else going for them.
Thinking about watching the new Amazon Top Gear (can't think of the name just now) to see if it's anything like it was originally or whether the presenters have been so tainted with the PC attitude of the Beeb that they still don't work as a team anymore.
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

traineefarmer
Rover Guru

Post by traineefarmer » Tue May 31, 2016 8:17 am

I refuse to watch the "new" Top Gear as I cannot abide Evans. So I can't really comment on the show, but I am a big fan of Clarkson and May (less so Hammond, but he seems to be part of the package), so I will probably bite the bullet and get Prime to watch The Grand Tour.

In the meantime, I have the Top Gear repeats on Dave recording on Sky+. Watching them now with a more critical eye (and a fast-forward button), the "celebrity" interviews are pointless as are most of the supercar tests (how many times did they have a different variant of the Zonda on?) but the crap car challenges never fail to entertain me and make me chuckle no matter how many times I watch them.
Tom.

'97 Vitesse Coupe
'03 XC90 D5

turbotazame

Post by turbotazame » Tue May 31, 2016 10:05 pm

Your definitely not missing much im not gunna bother watching any more in my opinion Clarkson is a scaled down version of god! Can't wait for the new venture, I already have the new amazon prime firestick purely for the new grand tour to be honest its not that great the first couple weeks its alright but the novelty soon wears off and most things worth watching on it even old top gears you have to pay for

deano
Rover Guru

Post by deano » Tue May 31, 2016 10:49 pm

Oh come on.... Clarkson is self centred arse at the best of times
He can be funny though, i grant you
1993 Rover 827 SLI Fastback Mk2
1999 Rover 825 Sterling Saloon Mk2 (HGF)
------------------
Previously
1996 Rover 825 Sterling Coupe Mk2
1993 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk2
1990 Rover 827 Sterling Saloon Mk1
1972 Rover P6 2000TC

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue May 31, 2016 11:12 pm

Dean - you're too kind! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't see this one myself but apparently JC (unfortunate choice of initials really!) was heard to refer to a 50" light bar on a Jeep as "a collapsed sun" - i found that quite amusing and probably one of his more witty comments.
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

CHR15E
Site Admin

Post by CHR15E » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:32 am

I gave the new series a go but probably won't watch anymore as I wasn't impressed.

I really hope Clarksons new show is better.
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

midnite
Rover Guru

Post by midnite » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:03 pm

i watched it and i think that le blankety blanc could be more entertaining with some polishing, chris evans is just a talentless wally, he doesn't add anything to the show and as pointed out there is no real chemistry between them, evans didn't want matt anyway, sabine would make a could co host she has a better sense of humour than most of her fellow 3rd reich subscribers, but it wasn't a well put together show, it probably will get better, but evans needs to go and put in a really characterful ex racing driver/ rally driver etc etc polish leblanco, get a gobby yet good looking but good driving bird, get some features of 70s muscle cars 70s rally cars, 60s 70s f1 cars, ex motorshow where are they now prototype cars, cars lost but found many years later, group b rally car shootouts 70s80s supercar shootouts, 911 old n new comparisons,
movie car features, old 70s80s f1 driver shootouts in modern hatchback competitions, etc etc, glossy hypercar features with top fit models in bikinis doing ride alongs, special forces high speed driver training features etc etc et fcukin cetera.
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:23 pm

When do you start work on the production team Matt? :wink: :lol: :D
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

midnite
Rover Guru

Post by midnite » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:43 pm

mate, with my ideas and a decent director n production team i could pull in 6-7 million, way more than that useless ginger ferrari collection owning uncoolest of the uncool idiot ever could.
fleet now includes
89 827 sterling auto saloon grey dead and gone
90 827 sli auto saloon pulsar silver
91 820 i special edition flaming hell red
99 820 vitesse turbo sport manual nightfire rust sold to a better owner than i

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:23 am

Best you tell the Beeb then! There must be some kind of weird ideology there anyway - it seems to qualify as a Top Gear presenter, the primary qualification is owning a collection of Ferraris!

That said, if it's simply owning a "one-marque collection" you're already qualified! :wink: :D

*** EDIT ***

Given JCs relationship with the Rover 800, i think it gives you a unique "real world" edge, where the not every car on the planet gets compared (usually unfavourably) to a Ferrari. Bearing in mind the Ginger-Whinger also has multiple Ferraris this ethos is likely to continue unless you get yourself to the BBC and sort them out!
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

thamestyres
Rover Guru

Post by thamestyres » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:22 pm

in last weeks top gear the "ginger whinger" was SICK after a drive around seca circuit with sabine at the wheel... how can a presenter of top gear be this useless.. you certainly couldn't put him out with the stig, he would probably pass out.. pmsl.. I certainly won't watch it again.. on the plus side it makes fifth gear look good.. regards ricky
Rover Sterling KV6 V.reg 4 tailpipes and rs5 wheels (sold) :shock:
home of the "Mad Maestro"
1935 morris 18/6, having a near end of life rejuvenation, xj6 running gear..

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:08 pm

There are times i really want to rip Chris Evans' head off and s**t down his neck. Then i realise i'd be better off doing that to whatever idiot said Chris Evans had talent in the first place.
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate