Contacts in New Zealand (or Oz)

For anything non car related post here!

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
michaeljohnz55
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Contacts in New Zealand (or Oz)

Post by michaeljohnz55 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:48 pm

Hi all

'guru' and SJG' please feel free to move this if it's not in an ideal thread. I'm hoping there could be some 827 (or 800) owners in New Zealand who still follow this group? It's a selfish need in the my car was hit by a red-light runner and took out my front bumper. As replacements are not available here at the time of writing (even second-hand), I predict the Insurance company will choose to scrap it - assuming I don't buy it back from them. Trying to find contacts here (other than clubs) that may know of cars being broken.

Another topic I've posted in the 'electonics thread': I've a possible solution for diagnostic equipment that 'talks' to the ECU and can remove fault codes. It's a general info. topic so again guys move to a more appropriate thread :D

Regards

Michael

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: Contacts in New Zealand (or Oz)

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:24 pm

Michael, there's a guy called Adrian in NZ with a few 800s and some knowledge :

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=79

You could send him a PM and ask if he knows of any 800s being broken or he may even have a spare bumper himself.

I saw your post about the Land Rover diagnostics being used on the SRS system, it's something we know about in the UK but obviously in NZ it's harder to find anyone that even knows what these cars are!
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

michaeljohnz55
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by michaeljohnz55 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:40 pm

Hi scooby - thanks for Pat's contact; I'm sure we've chatted just I had forgotten. Yes, a big challenge here when it comes to this model. Good thing though is now that I found a technician, I can have him run a diagnostic test to pick up other issues. I genuinely will keep this car on the road if at all possible (the Saloon). Was sold new in New Zealand and was one of the last ones made in November/December 1995. Additional problems is that the Clubs here are mostly disinterested as it's not viewed as being a proper 'Rover' - you know the story. It quite annoys me to be honest. sure they have glitches but so did SD's etc. Driving my Coupe whilst I try and solve the problem with the Saloon and it's just a dream drive for all it's bulk Thanks for your help Regards Michael

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:33 pm

You're welcome Michael.

Am i right in thinking yours is an 827? If so, he won't be able to tell much from the kit he's got for Land Rovers as it won't have the necessary leads for the 827 but most things on it have self-diagnostic outputs and/or lights - except the SRS system! That needss T4/Testbook which is what your Landy bloke has.

As for "not a proper Rover" - damned cheek! :P :lol:
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!