Are you a member of any non car related Forums?

For anything non car related post here!

Moderators: guru, SJG

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:21 pm

@ Steve: I guess you are well acquainted with Hattons?

@ Simon: chat to my mate, he's got about 30 odd and a couple of cockerels. Constant supply of eggs for sale and to bring up to me lol
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

NONOTE
Regular Visitor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by NONOTE » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:49 am

Hattons, yes Brian, I must confess to spending a fair few beer tokens with them over the years, really good service and value. Once visited the shop in 1980 when an army mate showed me the delights of his Liverpool (Toxteth) home town!
I think the Model Railway (stops being a Train Set when you get in your 20's) is an excellent way to relax and certainly teaches you patience amongst other things : carpentry, electronics, soldering, first aid for craft knife cuts etc etc...
The hobby seems to tie in with the cars, quite a few at the local P6 meet are into railways as well.

Steve
Some big lads did it.

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:09 am

Unfortunately, I sold all my Model Railway stuff a few years back Steve. Still miss it and lust after the locos in Hattons vast stock. I also shed a few pounds on Hattons web site and really fancy a trip up to the shop. Love looking through the site and think old Norman started a cult.
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

BRG
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by BRG » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:11 pm

I'm a member of 'Rocks Off'.

(Calm down. It's a Rolling Stones fan's forum.)

Also a sporadic contributor to 'Medusa' (Pogues fans.)

'CFC.net' and 'The Celtic Message Board' (Celtic supporters)

'The Glasgow Guide' board (people who live or work in Glasgow. More interesting than it sounds. Honest.) :D

MikeMedford
Rover Guru

Post by MikeMedford » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:19 pm

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/

is about only other one I use.

Nige

Post by Nige » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Hi, I use a couple of Model Railway forums:- Railroad Lines and All Model Railroading both US modelling sites. Nige
If its not broke, don't mend it!