A clear out is coming.(pics added)

For anything non car related post here!

Moderators: guru, SJG

MG Mal
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: A clear out is coming.(pics added)

Post by MG Mal » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:23 pm

Short to medium term yes.

The main issues on the mk1 are.

1) the suspension sphere valve. (supplied, but swopping can be a bitch)
2) the paintwork, needs a complete rub down and blow over in the least.(replacement panels will help minimise cost due to being same colour and in most cases far better condition.
3) it's down here, Transport cost's (But I could trailer it north at least as far as the barn, but I understand it's not that much further to your dads?)

Mal.

Plus side. when done, I can loan you a churchill pump to raise it again if your local garage(UK) has'nt.
It's MOT'd, and insured in my name, so could tax for you at cost, then a day spent changing the valve etc, and you could take it for a spin and decide what to do first.

MG Mal
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by MG Mal » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:04 pm

Just to update:
NOS Maestro shell
Rover 820 Si
MK1 MG Metro.

The above items are now "SOLD SUBJECT TO PAYMENT"

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:41 am

MG Mal wrote:Just to update:
NOS Maestro shell
Rover 820 Si
MK1 MG Metro.

The above items are now "SOLD SUBJECT TO PAYMENT"
Payment should be with you soon.........
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:29 pm

I will be at the barn this coming weekend,

If anyone wants to drop by, please pm me before 8pm wednesday, so I can send details/directions.

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:03 am

Planning on going back to the Barn on the 21st/22nd.

So if anyone wish's to view any of the cars etc, please let me know via this thread.

Mal.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:46 am

Hi Mal, will you be visiting any time between 7th and 25th August (when I'm going to be back in the UK)? I'm just trying to plan timings for collecting the R100 and also the panels for the silver MG. Thanks
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:40 am

Not sure on August Richard, as I have a couple of events on, and need to be around for a "arab" coming to collect his Mg Metro. ;)

Also, As long as I have available times/dates for delivery, the R100 can be delivered to the in-laws direct from the barn with the silver panels.

Mal.

BTW: re decals for the Mk1 check out www.mgcars.org/mgm

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:11 pm

Update on complete cars available

Mk2 MG Metro Project 90% restored, last bit of welding needed on end of sill + Ball joints and re-commissioning. Aprox 50k miles Offers over £400
(Welding and Ball joints may be completed before sale if time allows)

MK1 MG Metro for project or spares.(MOT'd)SOLD

94 Montego DLX Estate Spares or repairs (bodily restored early noughties)
Needs head (refurbed head supplied) plus possible suspension issue.Offers over £400

NOS Maestro shell (solid roof) has rot as was left outside for 10 years.(likely to be scrapped)SOLD

NOS last of line "High Fuel Filler" MK2 Metro Shell in primer(Serious offers only)

Fully restored and dipped MK1 Metro Turbo Shell (serious offers only as thousands spent)

98/9 'T' Rover 820 SI needs metal water pipe and general overhaul(nearly new exhaust fitted) Sold
(H) Maestro 1.3 HL beyond economical repair (to be stripped and scrapped).(IIRC it is a 5 speed. dash/door handles/ and some other parts spoken for)Scrapped

J plate MG Maestro abandoned restoration project many new parts including rear quarter/sill and arch fitted. (to be stripped and scrapped)

1960 Rover 100 (no docs original 3&3 plate)Offers over £500

White MG Montego Turbo. Partially restored with known good engine fitted, original arch's needs inner arch work, drivers B Pillar base and paint for body. As well as completing.
Offers over £550

Cinnabar Red 76 MG BGT For restoration.(Plenty of history with this car)
Thousands spent before being layed up due to sill issues.
Needs body restoration, most of suspension and interior restored including MGOC Full Peco Exhaust system fitted and electric facet fuel pump.
Great engine and box with overdrive on stalk, last of "Chrome Bezel" dash cars.

Offers Invited

Also available 99% rust free 1970 Teal Blue MG BGT shell (no I.D.) needs repair section fitting to fire wall, where section was removed to convert left hand drive car.(section supplied)
Has original rust free wings and rear bumper fitted plus various other fittings fitted.
Offers Invited

(Ally bonnet, suitable doors and correct none heated screen hatch also available by negotiation.)

Front Cross member complete and rear axle from Chrome Bumper MG BGT also available.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:28 pm

MG Mal wrote:Not sure on August Richard, as I have a couple of events on, and need to be around for a "arab" coming to collect his Mg Metro. ;)

Also, As long as I have available times/dates for delivery, the R100 can be delivered to the in-laws direct from the barn with the silver panels.

Mal.

BTW: re decals for the Mk1 check out http://www.mgcars.org/mgm
Mal -
any time to suit you as far as delivery to the in-laws - 24-48 hours notice would be appreciated, though.
as for coming to Wiltshire, again, pretty much times to suit (let me know when is not suitable and I'll fit around them). Earlier in the "window" would be better - I want to play with my new toy!
Saw the mgm link - £60 per side plus £30 for the rear.

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:37 pm

MGM Are not cheap for they're decals Richard, but I must confess they are a far better quality than the originals (or where when I bought a set)

There is however at least one new original with the car, and some do turn up on ebay.

As for 24/48 hrs notice, how about early evening on the 21st?.

I can get the car loaded as soon as I arrive at the barn, and once the days work is over, I can run it and the panels to the In-laws for around 6-7pm?

Re: the Mg Metro, I think you have my number, if not drop me a Pm and I will send it.
Just give me a call before you set off from Oxford area.
Am hopefully at BMC / Bl Day on the 4th/5th, but otherwise nothing planned between the 7th to 15th at this point.

Mal.

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Sounds good. I'll warn the in-laws about 21st.

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:54 pm

White Montego Turbo project now sold.

A few pics of the estate from "under the cover".
Next trip will see it emptied and cleaned for inspection.

Archs were replaced around 7 years ago.

In need of a clean, even though undercover for some time.

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:54 pm

Rover P4.
(Since it was last properly inspected the carb seems to have vanished!, further investigation needed)

More Rover P4

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:55 pm

And Yet Even More Rover P4

And finally.......

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:12 pm

Well today was the day Richard collected the 82 MG metro.

It was a little sad seeing it drive off up the road, but I know Richard will bring it back to it's former glory in his ownership. :(

And I'm fairly sure we will likely see it at a meet or two once he is based back in the UK.

After a rummage through the bits I have at the house,and a few suitable service items had been stashed safely in the boot, we waved him off, followed by the wife and youngest in they're Rover cabrio.

So, another one finds a new home where it's future is secured. :)

Mal.