Guru's MG TF 160

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
guru
Site Admin

Guru's MG TF 160

Post by guru » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 am

Given that my brother's been 'borrowing' our Jeep for the last 8 months I'm not sure I'll be getting it back any time soon so I decided it was time to get a replacement 4x4 as my wife works 27 miles away and had to use very small rural roads to get there. After many long nights spent on ebay and autotrader I had a few too many beers one night and won this!

I'll admit it's not quite the 4x4 we were going for however I've fancied having a TF ever since we sold the last MGF and I love the interior colour on this. It's got a genuine 46k on the clock and is very clean. Since we picked it up I've replaced all 4 tyres (always paranoid about them) and had the rear discs and pads changed. It's also just had a 4 wheel alignment as it was miles out! How people drive cars like that I've no idea.

Anyway looking forward to the summer now and desperately hoping for a mild rest of the winter otherwise Mrs Guru may have some choice words!
Guru - AKA James
m6jkk.com
Current Fleet
1991 Rover Sterling mk1c (taking a break)
2015 Mercedes C300 Hybrid
2015 Mini Cooper SD

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Re: Guru's MG TF 160

Post by Richard Moss » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:32 am

If you stick a Metro front subframe and engine up front, you could make it a "parallel 8” engined 4x4. Looks nice and I would love an F if they were equipped with more than 2 seats (i prefer the looks of the F)
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

guru
Site Admin

Re: Guru's MG TF 160

Post by guru » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:48 am

I'm the other way round, always preferred the TF's looks to the F. That said I wish more then anything they'd kept the F's suspension, it was soooooooo much better then the TF. The TF is a very sporty drive but on normal potholed B roads it's very twitchy compared to the F. I'm sure the TF would go round Nurburgring faster but I know which car I'd rather drive there in...............

I've already had a couple of F's so it was time for a change anyway!

My first MGF, bought it back in 2000 when it was still quite new and only had about 20k on the clock!

My second F and another impluse ebay purchase.......must stop doing that!
Guru - AKA James
m6jkk.com
Current Fleet
1991 Rover Sterling mk1c (taking a break)
2015 Mercedes C300 Hybrid
2015 Mini Cooper SD

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable