As good as it gets

Moderators: guru, SJG

47p2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by 47p2 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:22 am

What a great day at Thirledtane Castle and I had collected the Best in Class Award for the Post War cars

JT

...........Image

neo
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by neo » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:10 am

well done John :D

schuwolf
Rover Guru

Post by schuwolf » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:07 am

Great! Congratulations :lol:
Brian Wolsoncroft
I'm a Joker, I'm a Smoker, I'm a Mid-nite Toker

'97 820 Si Fastback auto

Lord Sterling
Rover Guru

Post by Lord Sterling » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:04 pm

Congratulations John, no other car deserves the award better!

Lord Sterling

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:50 pm

Deserved result, John. Nice to see you get something for your efforts. AND with a car not trailered.
No longer an 800 owner!

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:12 pm

Most certainly not trailered, she drove the 80 miles there and 80 miles back.

When I arrived my mate with the P5B was speaking to Jim, the owner of the Cortina that has the shiny petrol tank. Jim was on a rant about 'trailer queens' and how he hates them coming to shows. About 5 minutes after speaking with Jim a trailer arrived and 4 or 5 burly guys started to unload a Ford XR3 by pushing it out the trailer and into position. Apparently it never gets started and is pushed off and onto the trailer.
Jim was also judging at the show and it turned out that the XR3 was one of the cars he had to judge :roll: It seems Jim never deemed it to be a car worthy of a Best in Class award :twisted: :shock:
I was speaking with another mate who told me a story about being at a rally in Alness in the Highlands 10 years ago where the event is held behind the school at the top of a hill, the XR3 was a winner at the show but to collect his prize he had to drive it down the hill to the school for the official photos, he refused and was eliminated from the show
JT

...........Image