Dan's 1998 Rover 100 Ascot SE

Moderators: guru, SJG

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:59 am

InTheRover'Over' wrote:Remember that 800s have a twin antenna feed, the metro does'nt
That's not a problem because one of the plugs on the back of the stereo does AM and FM - just need to experiment to see which.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

DLR
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by DLR » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:06 pm

Lord Sterling wrote: Certainly:

I had a feeling you were on about this one - while I never received one with the car, I do have a similar one which I purchased for a very low price on ebay a few months back. Alas, mine came with bugger all in it except the dividers (and another surprise - see below). Although it has the same style dividers to the one you found in the kv6.
Lord Sterling wrote:The car this folder came from was a Rover 100 (111) Ascot SE (R904CGC) in Nightfire Red. The receipt for this car is still inside the folder as it was shown as bought for £4278 in 2000 by a lady owner.
BennyVitesse wrote:Those folders are a rare sight, usually if you bought a 100 you got the dingy grey plastic folder! It almost seems to depend on where the car first came from.
Must be something along those lines, the car Mo mentions above could be a description for mine! R reg Ascot SE in Nightfire Red...only difference being mine was sold for £7,500 in 1998.
BennyVitesse wrote:Well done on the car, Nightfire is one of the best colours the 100 came in, although I do advise ditching those trims, I swapped mine for Metro GTa trims and the fuel consumption went down!
Thanks, I agree it's a nice colour - I personally think it suits the 100 more than it did my grandad's 800, but each of the cars carry it off well. I daresay the trims will be coming off at some point, they look extremely bland.
Richard Moss wrote:
InTheRover'Over' wrote: wrote:
Remember that 800s have a twin antenna feed, the metro does'nt

That's not a problem because one of the plugs on the back of the stereo does AM and FM - just need to experiment to see which.
Cheers gents, I will bear this in mind when I eventually get round to replacing the unit. I think I'll bide my time though and wait for a decent R960 with CD changer - be better looking in the dash and wouldn't look out of place (although any form of upgrade looks out of place in a rebadged Metro, no?)
Lord Sterling wrote:There are a still quite a few Rover 100s around scrappys and breakers so apart from the usual parts, you can find stuff like this in them.
I do like things like this - small things which on their own may be worthless, but together create a better impression for the car in question, whatever it may be. Right down to keyfobs. Which is where my 'expertise' comes in!

I have a collection of keyfobs/keyrings/tags/etc. Mainly Rover ones. However I recently acquired these two with the Rover folder above:

Two 'Sterling' Fobs! Apologies for the poor photo, but I think you can gather that they've got the American Sterling badge on their fobs. Whilst not necessarily a collectors item, nor a rare item, they'll go well with the others I've got. Always on the lookout, so if you've got any old dealer keyrings/fobs you no longer want then let me know and I'll buy 'em off you :P

DLR
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by DLR » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:28 am

After a couple of weeks of small journeys around the houses I've come to a decision.

As with all the other cars I've bought over the year, I am considering selling it. Not because there is anything wrong with it, but because it's just not the car for me - I can't quite drive it like any other car I've driven before.

Would anybody be interested? Ideal runabout, uses buger all fuel. Open to offers around the 370-400 mark.

(I may have found a replacement already - something similar to a car I've had before, in a way. I don't necessarily need to sell this car to finance the purchase as I've had an extremely productive month at work, but I'd have nowhere to store it in the meantime)

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:59 am

I'll have it of you convert it to LHD and fit aircon.
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT