Prepping for the MOT

Moderators: guru, SJG

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
47p2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Prepping for the MOT

Post by 47p2 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Well I decided it was time to get Tilly ready for tomorrows MOT so I started her up for the first time in 8 months :shock:

A couple of turns of the starter motor and she burst into life, and round to the back of the house for the preparation for the MOT which was a bucket of soapy water and a hose.....That's her now ready and I'll see what tomorrow brings.

I don't need to check wipers, seatbelts, indicators, brake pipes or brake cylinders for leaks, screen washers, emissions...In fact there is very little to check and I think I should get a cheaper MOT as it won't take much more than 30 minutes to get everything checked

JT

...........Image

CHR15E
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Prepping for the MOT

Post by CHR15E » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:16 pm

They'll know they don't need to check it anyway based on it's history? :lol:
Chris
19 Vauxhall Astra 1.6T SRi Nav Estate
08 Vauxhall Astra 2.0T Design Twintop
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 V8 HO

Previously owned 57 800s 2000-2012
Relapse of 1 in 2021 Now Sold

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:11 am

Just back from the MOT station with a ticket for another year
JT

...........Image

Richard Moss
Site Owner

Post by Richard Moss » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:34 pm

No big surprise there, then. Well done
Out in the desert with a 1998 Grand Cherokee V8, 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4L and a 1997 Chevy Tahoe V8. Back home: 1969 MGC GT

Very Tall Brad
Rover Guru

Post by Very Tall Brad » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Makes for a dull day. Nothing to moan about... :(
No longer an 800 owner!

rickt500
Rover Guru

Post by rickt500 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:57 am

That is one stunning car, I just hope I can get our P3 back into one piece, never mind anywhere near that standard.
Richard T

1949 Rover 60
1989 820e T16 Conversion
1972 Rover 2000 project

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Sun May 27, 2012 5:19 pm

I never managed to any classic car rallies last year due to work commitments and today was a last minute decision incase I had to work.

Saturday I spent a couple of hours preparing Tilly, she was given a wash in 28°C of sunshine but mostly shaded by the huge hedge at the side of the driveway and waxed in the garage last night. I decided that no polish was to be used as there is almost no marks needing to be removed so only wax was on the menu.

Today I went though and to the Scottish All Rover Rally which was held at East Kilbride which is very local to me, a journey of around 15 minutes. This rally has changed over the years and now all ex winners have to go into a masterclass to be judged, and there is some serious competition between some of the competitors. However I did manage to bag a third prize from the competition so the old girl still has that something special

JT

...........Image

whitelion58
Rover Guru

Post by whitelion58 » Sun May 27, 2012 5:49 pm

..and of course that is the last MOT she will ever need! As of Nov this year all pre-1960 cars are MOT exempt.

Some mixed views on whether this is a good or a bad thing, but two of my cars will no longer need to go through that annual ritual..
'86 825 Sterling Saloon
'90 827 Si Fastback
'94 Sterling Coupe
+ others.
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Sun May 27, 2012 6:34 pm

I don't have any objections to the annual MOT, but at £55 it's a bit steep for older cars as there is almost nothing to check.

What I don't like about my MOT is it falls at the end of April, which up here in Scotland means there can still be lots of salt being spread on the roads, so at least I can opt for either no MOT or change the date to something more suitable if I wish
JT

...........Image