BL Rally/BMC Day Peterborough 2013, Sunday 4th Aug

Changes to website and forum will be posted here along with upcoming events offsite that may be of interest!

Moderators: guru, SJG

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Re: BL Rally/BMC Day Peterborough 2013, Sunday 4th Aug

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:29 pm

Did you manage to get the tickets then?
Cheers,
Dave

'02 Honda CR-V SE Executive
'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate
'95 827 Coupé LPG gone but not forgotten!

DLR
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by DLR » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:03 pm

Pass arrived this morning :D

simon
Rover Guru
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by simon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:27 pm

scoobyh123 wrote:Did you manage to get the tickets then?
Nope sent them of today :lol:
Simon & Jane.

Rover 825sd 229,000.
Rover SD1 V8 VDP 126,000 will get running this year.
2 rover 75's

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:04 pm

DLR wrote:Pass arrived this morning :D

Nice one Dan!!

Simon - based on mine and Dans experience i reckon you'll just about scrape in so hopefully see you there!
If you want that bumper, just say.
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:32 pm

One week to go everyone.

Have just had a long conversation with Sara about next weekend.

She is really nice and despite tough personnal circumstances is working all the hours God sends to get the show ready.
I for one really appreciate all her hard work, as its my favourite car show of the year.
It seems she has been getting some moans and whinging from car owners within the classic world (not from this site)about all manner of things and is seriously thinking of not organising the show next year.

It really annoys me when someone takes the time and effort to organise an event for the benefit of others and all people can do is whinge. :x Maybe they should do it instead!!!
I think certain people should remember that they are volunteers doing something for the good of others and should be grateful for all their work and effort. :x
(rant over)

They could be short of volunteers on Sunday to do a bit of marshelling. I've volunteered to help out if they need extra people. Would anyone else here want to help? It would only be for half hour or so and we might not even be used but it makes Sara's life a little easier if she knows there is help at hand.

Apparently the layout of stands will be as follows.
200/400 club in one row
75/MG club in next row
3Litre club in the next
800 and SD1 in the next row.

I think it will be super to be next to the SD1s as it shows an historical continuity.
Apparently each year one of the organising people go around the show and count the number of cars on each stand and an appropriate size stand is then allocated for the following year. There should be plenty of space as,from the interest on the forum at the minute, our numbers should be similar to last year.
The earlier you get there the better chance of getting a good space on the plot.
I will be getting there early and will look out for 800s entering the site and grab them if I can. I know some are camping so if they can keep an eye out for any really early arrivals (if your up and about :wink: )Our 4 metre banner should also help people spot were we are.

I'm not sure if she reads forums but I would like to thank Sara and all her team for all their splendid hard work and dedication in organising a splendid car show.
Long may it continue.

Kate :D

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:19 pm

Kate, the trick is for those camping to move there cars onto the stand either once they have settled in or (if needed for power supply etc) moved onto the stand first thing on Sunday Morning.
If campers are taking the gazeebo's etc, then a plan meeting should take place Saturday night and the gazeebo's pitched and anchored then.

This helps minimise the movements of cars on the display area, and makes things a little easier for Sara and the gang to marshall.

if the campers base their cars at the "closed end" of the stand, with gazeebo's next on one side, this should leave a decent amount of space for those who arrive on the sunday, without having to move cars about later on.

vito
Rover Guru

Post by vito » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:28 pm

Me and Mrs will be down Saturday pm although not camping will be local hotelling, can bring Gazebo down Saturday afternoon/Evening to get the stand set up plus give you BBQers some shelter, It's a proper ez up 2m sq quality gazebo with sides and tie downs.

I'm sure between everyone on site, there'll be enough assistance for Sarah.
Gaz (or Gary if we're being formal)

2004 Streetwise Diesel 5 Door in Silver.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:28 pm

Kate - i second what you've said, especially the bit about the "whinge-bags"!

Mal - could you explain a slightly different way please? I've read and re-read what you've said and can't get my head round it. Also as i'll be towing my trailer tent, can you give any advice as to what to do with it on the sunday please?

Gaz - look forward to seeing you saturday night, reckon we should be able to find you and your Mrs a burger or 3 as well.
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:59 am

Dave, we used our trailer tent as a "stand HQ" last year.

You could do the same if you wished, pitching it on one corner of the stand (if enough room etc)

Otherwise, I would pack my trailer up after lunch and leave it in the camping area, ready to hook up (with a decent hitch lock fitted of course.)

OK.
Campers: On Saturday try to meet up before settleing in for the night on the stand designated for us.
Pace out the area, and based on the cars attending pitch the gazeebo's in the best place to maximise space.
From the description of the layout provided by kate, it sounds like one central "row" is being set for the SD1 club and us.
This means that there will likely be a dividing line between the two clubs (a closed end).

Those who intend to stay the longest on Sunday would be best to park their cars at this "closed end", as it would minimise vehicle movement if some one arriving later needs to leave earlier on the day.

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:18 am

Thanks Mal, the explanation makes more sense now!

I'd be quite happy to use the trailer tent as a "Stand HQ" (would also serve duty as a kennel as i'm bringing my hound too) for tea & coffee making etc if others are happy with that idea?
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

TDHFastback

Post by TDHFastback » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:38 am

Wise words Mal.
I know you have a lot more experience with shows and things than I do.
Thats a good idea re gazebo a the "closed end".

Dave,you and those camping can be our advanced recon squad. 8)
Hold the ground until the cavalry arrive :lol:

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:51 am

TDHFastback wrote:Wise words Mal.
I know you have a lot more experience with shows and things than I do.
Thats a good idea re gazebo a the "closed end".

Dave,you and those camping can be our advanced recon squad. 8)
Hold the ground until the cavalry arrive :lol:

Will do! Or should i say "Roger that!" :wink:
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

simon
Rover Guru

Post by simon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:42 pm

What time will you have to be there to get on the stand?
Simon & Jane.

Rover 825sd 229,000.
Rover SD1 V8 VDP 126,000 will get running this year.
2 rover 75's

scoobyh123
Rover Guru

Post by scoobyh123 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:47 pm

Good question! About 930-1000am i think but i'm hoping someone else (Kate? Mal?) can confirm/correct me as necessary.
Cheers,
Dave

'99 Jag S Type 3.0 V6 SE

'94 827 Sterling saloon
'88 Volvo 760 V6 Estate

MG Mal
Rover Guru

Post by MG Mal » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:46 am

The earlier the better for Sunday arrivals.
But ensure when you arrive to inform those "on the gate" that you are there to display on the 800 club stand, so that they direct you the shortest way.

Dave, gate opens at 4pm Sat for campers, but there is usually a large gathering already there by then. so maybe a 3pm arrival and have a brew while you wait, as the que will take a while to get through the gate when it opens.
Ensure you inform Sara and the gang that your trailer is "The Club Stand", and make your way directly to our designated area to set up.
All other campers to go to the camping area at the bottom of the field.

Once all campers are pitched and sorted, please meet up with Dave to lay out the stand in the best way to accommodate all those who "are coming", but if possible leave space for last minute visitors (and anyone else Kate can kidnap ) LOL

Hope you all have a great time, and please post lot's of pictures!

Mal.